Sunday, July 29, 2007

Camping at Woods Canyon Lake

Friday night we went up on the rim to Woods Canyon Lake to get out of the heat and enjoy some rain, which we did. On Saturday we tried fishing at Willow Springs Lake and Knoll Lake, with no luck, but we sure did have fun! Maggie loved jumping over rocks and throwing them in the water and Lucas wanted to get in the water or just sit and munch on snacks( he's pretty good at that). So here are some pictures of our adventures!










I couldn't get enough pictures of this view so sorry if your sick of it, but other than when it's covered in snow, this was some of the prettiest views on the rim. We went to the fish hatchery since we couldn't catch any, to show Maggie and Lucas some fish. It was actually pretty cool to see all the different sizes of fish.


Its hard to tell, but these were the big ones, kind of freaky big too.

One of the reasons we went camping was to get out of the stinkin' heat and we sure did. It rained all day Saturday which was so nice! Maggie had a blast with the umbrella!





These pictures were taken on our way to Knoll Lake. It was so beautiful and those words don't even describe it. You can see the clouds coming up the mountain and by the time we took our last picture, we were in the clouds! It was so awesome!




We did a lot in one day, these pics are from Knoll Lake which is a beautiful drive up on top of the rim and it was nice and quiet. Maggie had fun throwing rocks in the water and Russell was bummed that he couldn't catch any fish yet again.








16 comments:

Katie Peterson said...

I am sooo jealous!! The scenery is beautiful! I think Lucus & I need to hang out...he is my kind of guy...I love snacks too!! Love the pic of you & Russell...he is really warming up to the camera!
:-)

SouthernAZ WOLFINGTON said...

wow, great pictures. It's crazy how much we 'desert folk' appreciate the rain. Those are some gorgeous shots.

Malia said...

So many cute pictures! I love the one of Maggie and the umbrella when she's out a bit. You have such a cute family, and I certainly don't look that good when I'm camping!

::jill:: said...

hey this is jill and thanks for the nice comment. that's not embarassing at all...sometimes you just get lost in the blogging world. i am curious to know how you stumbled upon our blog...do we have friends in common? of course i checked out your blog too...such a cute family!! I can't wait to post pictures of our kids...someday. where do you guys live?

Mikelle said...

Hey Amb! Jake & I were watching the travel channel at his Grandma's and I swear I saw Brandon. It was a split second interview about Venice Beach in California. He was with a couple of friends. You'll have to ask him if he ever got interviewed there. If it wasn't him, then he has a twin somewhere out there! Your camping trip looked like sooo much fun. I can't remember the last time I went camping-Lucky:)

Lynsey said...

We were at my parents cabin in Heber over the weekend and Jim and his brother went finshing at woods canyon lake on Sat morning, how funny!! looks like you had a good time, wasn't the weather so nice!!!

Missy said...

Amber, you took some awesome shots. And I too noticed Russell is a little more blog/pic/friendly in his pics. Now he just needs to teach Mark. Fun getaway!

Riley and Brooke Nelson said...

It looks like so much fun! We love to go camping there! You have such a beautiful family!

The Tyler's said...

You guys have been doing so many fun things. I'm so jealous. Woods canyon lake is my favorite place to camp!!

Heather said...

I'm not much of a camper, but we'll have to try this spot. It's gorgeous! Looks like you had a great time. Really cute pics. :)

Flaherty Fam said...

I love your pics and your kids are so darn cute. I love hearing all your stories about your kids, especially Maggie. She is so funny and adorable. I love getting away from the desert scenery. Trees and water are a nice change.

Heidi said...

Sooo jealous!! We haven't gone camping yet this summer, we haven't even had a weekend that we could have we have been so busy! Hopefully this month we will be able to get out. Those pics are awsome, I'm sure Maggie and Lucus were loving it!!

Julie Jan said...

Love all the pics! I especially love the picture of Maggie holding the umbrella. You guys seem to get out so much. I am jealous.

Brooke said...

looks like fun! hey you need to tell me who has our shoes on their blogs! i would love to see!

Michelle Randall said...

Amber-It's Michelle. Great pictures! It all seems so familiar to me...probably because I saw the exact same things! Funny what a small world it is. I guess a bunch of people had the same idea on the same weekend. It was a great place to camp and we have already planned our next trip up there. My favorite was all the fog/clouds everywhere.

chris+amber said...

Amber, Maggie seems like such a character! I LOVE IT! I love reading all these stories about her. Lucus couldn't be any cuter. Your family is always doing fun things. I'm sure there isn't a dull moment in your house with Maggie's personality, Lucus's cute personality and you being the perfect mom!