Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Story of my life.....

Thats right, Maggie is back to her old bag of tricks. I seriously can't take it anymore. I need to stop working so much from home because this is what I get. I was away from her for maybe 15-20 minutes and I hear her in the kitchen and come out to see her on the stove, yes the stove with nailpolish all over my tile and cupboards that had come from the cupboard above the stove. First of all, what if she accidently turned on the stove and burned herself?! Second of all, I have no idea how I'm going to get this off the cupboards. I desperately need advice for this little girl. She acts out all the time, even when I'm at the store and I don't know if its just a phase or what. Please tell me I'm not the only one with a child like this. Don't get me wrong, she is super sweet most of the time, its just 20% of the time she is a crazy girl!







17 comments:

Katie Peterson said...

OHHHHhhhhh..I FEEL your pain!!!! Caleb was the exact same way-he got in to my red nail polish & spilled, not poured it on the carpet. Did you try the nail polish remover?? Hopefully it is just a stage & she will grow out of it....if not the Love & Logic classes are awesome, in fact I need to take another one!

Lynsey said...

ahhhh geez looks like you need to call the queen of clean, no Im just kidding. Im sure you are so frusturated, she is quiet the little terror isn't she. Maybe you should have a young girl come over and watch the kids while you are working then you won't have to worry about that happening. Working from home would be really hard especially if you were trying to watch the kids at the same time. Im sure she will grow out it, its probably just the terrible two's or three's. Good luck I am not looking forward to this stage.

MichelleY said...

I'm so glad I'm not the only mom with crazy kids! Brodie does the same stuff everyday - until I think I'm going to loose it! I keep trying to tell myself it's a stage he is going through - good luck! Yesterday it was red pen all over the refrigerator and garage door. Spot Shot works really good on lots of stuff I have found!

glamma said...

Can I take her to work with me? We need some action around here....

huneybezzz3 said...

ok so last night I had curriculum night and right before I left Abbey did the same thing except it was on her entire body so I thik our girls are alot alike!

youngsters said...

Oh goodness girl !! It's sometimes worse workin from home. I have again started up working from home and it's a definite challenge. I can't do anything when they are around. I have finally gotten them on a schedule !! I love it. When Kalei goes to pre-school in the mornings Talan goes down for a nap, which is when I am able to get work done. Then in the afternoon when Lei's goes down for a nap so does Talan, again !! I love it. I have found that's the only way I can get any type of work done from home, or anything done period for that matter. They are always welcome to come over here and play too !! But I know how demanding some of your clients can be... lol lol !!

shell said...

go for the love and logic. it's freaking awesome and worth every penny you will pay.

Lyndsie Field said...

Amber! Let me please tell you, You are not the only one with a child you sometimes think is out of control! That's exactly how Zac is right now...and lately it's taken every ounce of self control I have to not hurt the kid. Ya' gotta love 'em...and this will make for a great story down the road. My dad still tells the story of me coloring all over one of his finished paintings with magic marker, and who knows how he got it out! Good luck... ;)

the cummard family said...

So now I'm not feeling so mad at Conway for getting red nailpolish on his shirt a couple days ago. Don't you hate that she's so dang cute too...it makes it harder to be mad at them! It get's better-trust me....it's totally "age appropriate" (the famous words of my MIL). My vote is also for Love and Logic.....we should get a group going, and do another session. Sounds like there's lots of takers.

Riley and Brooke Nelson said...

I am so SORRY! These are moment I am so afraid of! =)

Jenna said...

sorry amber!!!! kids do the darndest things huh! i am in for the dunes. damons rail will be done in 2 weeks!! see you there!

Flaherty Fam said...

OHHHH my goodness!! I about died when I saw this. So is this what I have to look forward to? I need to start preparing myself now.

Brooke said...

please tell me that you got that nail polish up. i know how you feel. kids do crazy things, and yes she is completely normal. just going through a stage!

Suzy Cummard said...

Amber, I am not a very good blogger friend anymore... but it seems like every time I scope out your blog, Maggie or your son have been "Curious George".
Every mom has been there at one point or another. Good thing we have blogs to journal about them & get some stress off, right!
I know how it can be while working at home... BELIEVE ME!!

Julie Jan said...

Oh my gosh, Amber. I about died when I saw this. Have you been successful in getting out? Please give us an update. The only thing I can think of using would be nail polish remover, but I am sure you have already tried that. Good luck!!

Terolleeq said...

Oh my gosh does that bring back memories of Katie doing the same thing with a black permanent sharpie marker! What a mess update us on how you got it off? you will laugh one day about it. Hang in there! Terol

huneybezzz3 said...

What is love and logic??