Sunday, August 12, 2007

Blessing in disguise

I titled this post "blessing in disguise" because I forgot how much I love reading until I started reading the Twilight series. I have read all three books in a matter of 24 hours each. I only wish I had that much dedication to the scriptures but I just have to keep trying. I figure for every fiction/entertainment book I read, I need to balance that with a book that will give me some insight and knowledge. But I say it's a blessing because it allows us to be alone(which is great for those of you that have kids), reading alows your imagination to go wild and put yourself in the story and create it however you want, it also helps expand your vocabulary and it's great brain exercise! Theres a reason the Lord blessed us to have language and writing and creativity etc. I just love reading! By the way, if you have not had a chance to read these books I encourage you to and I guarantee you won't be disapointed....unless you are totally lame. jk If anyone would love to recommend their favorite book please do so!


5 comments:

Shannon said...

Amber I feel the same way! These Twilight books totally sparked my reading enthusiasm again. I used to read all the time and loved it...but since graduating from college and having kids I just stopped...I forgot what I was missing until Twilight came out...it has brought my love of reading back. Im reading a book called These is my Words by Nancy Turner Im about halfway in and I really like it. Did you like Eclipse? There are a lot of haters towards Eclipse...I really liked it..I was screaming when Jacob you know what'd to Bella...haha so fun!

Emily Lauren said...

These Is My Words is great! here are some of my favorites:

The Hiding Place
Nobody Don't Love Nobody
Man's Search for Meaning

I haven't read eclipse but I really want to. I am starting graduate school tomorrow so I'm afraid I won't have time. So much for recreational reading when your in school. . .

Anonymous said...

I love the Vampire series, and Amber knows I am next on the list to read her Eclipse book...I am amazed at her stealth-like ablitlity to read so fast...just a few of my fav books you must check out....
Anything by David Baldacchi
Chris Stewart's series "Where Angles Fall" "Second Sun" "The Brothers" and his newest "Fury and Flight" They are soooo awesome.
Glamma aka Amber's mom

Missy said...

Amber, because of your testimony of these books and a million of other readers...I will commit to reading them...right here, right now...you heard it first...I am actually going to buy a book and actually read it. Thanks. You are so funny!

glamma said...

Okay, I have to blog about my deep depression I am now in because I finished Eclispe way too fast. I loved it, to the very end, and as much as I love Edward and Bella's undying (ha ha) love, it ripped my heart out to have Jacob tormented with his own love for Bella and be running off into the forest until he can't remember Jacob Black anymore... Sigh. As much as I love the whole Bella Edward thing, I don't want her to change to the undead. I want her to chase after Jacob and get him the heck back here and have those two little kids she saw when she was passiontley kissing him. Come on, that was way better than her kissing a marble stone guy.