
I got this from Katie Petersons blog and since I'm blogging on Sunday, what a better post than this. It gives you a different light on the person I really am! Don't be a hater.
1. Where would you say your testimony is the strongest? Knowing that the church is true and that Jesus Christ has been resurected and knows and loves each of us.
2. What do you struggle with the most (church related)? Getting into the good habits of reading scriptures everyday and family home evening. It's easy to look over when your kids are so small.
3. Do you have your food storage? Yes but not as much as I should have. I actually use my food storage all the time. I try to order some each month.
4. Do you have a favorite scripture? What is it? My all time favorite is Alma 37: 36-37. It says it all. If you are lost in the craziness of life, this scripture brings everything back to what we should be focusing on and doing. I'll leave this quote on here which is from Katie's blog because it's a great one with good insight.
The Spirit "quickens all the intellectual faculties, increases, enlarges, expands, and purifies all the natural passions and affections, and adapts them, by the gift of wisdom, to their lawful use. It inspires, develops, cultivates, and matures all the fine-toned sympathies, joys, tastes, kindred feelings, and affections of our nature. It inspires virtue, kindness, goodness, tenderness, gentleness, and charity. It develops beauty of person, form, and features. It tends to health, vigor, animation, and social feeling. It invigorates all the faculties of the physical and intellectual man. It strengthens and gives tone to the nerves. In short, it is, as it were, marrow to the bone, joy to the heart, light to the eyes, music to the ears, and life to the whole being." --Parley P Pratt
2. What do you struggle with the most (church related)? Getting into the good habits of reading scriptures everyday and family home evening. It's easy to look over when your kids are so small.
3. Do you have your food storage? Yes but not as much as I should have. I actually use my food storage all the time. I try to order some each month.
4. Do you have a favorite scripture? What is it? My all time favorite is Alma 37: 36-37. It says it all. If you are lost in the craziness of life, this scripture brings everything back to what we should be focusing on and doing. I'll leave this quote on here which is from Katie's blog because it's a great one with good insight.
The Spirit "quickens all the intellectual faculties, increases, enlarges, expands, and purifies all the natural passions and affections, and adapts them, by the gift of wisdom, to their lawful use. It inspires, develops, cultivates, and matures all the fine-toned sympathies, joys, tastes, kindred feelings, and affections of our nature. It inspires virtue, kindness, goodness, tenderness, gentleness, and charity. It develops beauty of person, form, and features. It tends to health, vigor, animation, and social feeling. It invigorates all the faculties of the physical and intellectual man. It strengthens and gives tone to the nerves. In short, it is, as it were, marrow to the bone, joy to the heart, light to the eyes, music to the ears, and life to the whole being." --Parley P Pratt
5. What is your favorite Church hymn? If You Could Hie to Kolob
6. Do you have Any Sunday Traditions? Enjoying the morning with my kids and hubby with the quiet of no tv and eating with family and baking a yummy treat!
7. Do you have a Patriarchal Blessing? Yes and I should probably read it since I haven't read it in a while.
8. Do you believe in angels? Yes. I think we all have angels with us spiritually and physically.
9. Do you like the ward you're in? Ya, it's the ward I grew up in but we have made some really great friends which I'm grateful for and my mom and dad are in it.
10. What callings have you had? Primary, Young Womens, Activity Day Leader
11. What calling do you want? I would love to work with the Young Women or Relief Society
12. What calling do you hold now? Activity Day Leader with the 8-9 yr old girls. It's very fun and pretty easy. I love all the women I work with.
13. Who out of your friends do you get spiritually lifted from? Since highschool Katie has always been my spiritual giant. She has the strongest testimony and loves the Lord. I have and still do look up to her for fun times, a good laugh and as an example of what's right. Love you girl!
14. Personally what do you need to work on with the church? Being more aware of the service that needs to be done around me. Whether it be for a neighbor, friend, family member or ward member. Service is so important and it makes you feel so good to help others.
15. Were you married/sealed in a temple... if so, which one? Ya buddy, the Mesa Arizona Temple on December 20, 2002!
16. Do you have a favorite temple? I can only say I have a favorite of the ones I've actually been in persay so it would have to be the Nauvoo Temple. I had the opportunity to go there 6 months after I was married and it was the most beautiful temple! I would love to go to the Washington DC Temple someday, Russell said it's pretty awesome.
6. Do you have Any Sunday Traditions? Enjoying the morning with my kids and hubby with the quiet of no tv and eating with family and baking a yummy treat!
7. Do you have a Patriarchal Blessing? Yes and I should probably read it since I haven't read it in a while.
8. Do you believe in angels? Yes. I think we all have angels with us spiritually and physically.
9. Do you like the ward you're in? Ya, it's the ward I grew up in but we have made some really great friends which I'm grateful for and my mom and dad are in it.
10. What callings have you had? Primary, Young Womens, Activity Day Leader
11. What calling do you want? I would love to work with the Young Women or Relief Society
12. What calling do you hold now? Activity Day Leader with the 8-9 yr old girls. It's very fun and pretty easy. I love all the women I work with.
13. Who out of your friends do you get spiritually lifted from? Since highschool Katie has always been my spiritual giant. She has the strongest testimony and loves the Lord. I have and still do look up to her for fun times, a good laugh and as an example of what's right. Love you girl!
14. Personally what do you need to work on with the church? Being more aware of the service that needs to be done around me. Whether it be for a neighbor, friend, family member or ward member. Service is so important and it makes you feel so good to help others.
15. Were you married/sealed in a temple... if so, which one? Ya buddy, the Mesa Arizona Temple on December 20, 2002!
16. Do you have a favorite temple? I can only say I have a favorite of the ones I've actually been in persay so it would have to be the Nauvoo Temple. I had the opportunity to go there 6 months after I was married and it was the most beautiful temple! I would love to go to the Washington DC Temple someday, Russell said it's pretty awesome.
If you want to copy and paste this to your blog, that would be awesome but if you feel like it's not something you want to share then that's okay too!
6 comments:
Dec 20th....w/camera in hand! Katie is such a great example isn't she!
Amber you make me so proud! You are my spiritual hero...someday I want to grow up to be just like you!~
Amber, I am not a hater. Just like I told Katie...I always loved you too. You both are great examples. I did the survey too, thanks for the inspiration!
Whatever!! I am the greatest role model. Just kidden you are! Love you girl!!! Are you working Sat.? Hopefully so we can giggle together!!
Wohooo!! You go girl....thanks for doing the survey...I love ya girl! And Layne said I can go to the Temple on Tues....call me & call Alisa!
You are too cute. I must admit that you were probably my biggest example in Junior High and High School. Do you remember the rated R movies, the times at the park when others were doing "things" and we just sat there telling them let's go? I love and admire your righteous example!!
Post a Comment