Thursday, June 14, 2007
White trash?....maybe
Russell told me to get a babysitter from 7-11pm last weekend and so I thought "how fun he's planning our date night, cool" and I knew he had to stop by his work downtown Phoenix so then that gave me the idea that we might be going to a D-Backs game( he sometimes gets free tickets). So I get all dressed up in a new shirt and my cute wedge shoes and my hair and make up is just right and we start driving but we go way past down town phoenix and we're in like scary neighborhoods were a lot of junk yards are and what not and we pull up to what?, Manzanita Race way. We were going to the dirt car races. Okay so I was a little sceptical but it actually was fun. Just a reminder that I was totally dressed up compared to all the other people smokin their cigs and drinking their beers with all their wild children running around. I felt a little out of place. I told Russell he could have at least told me just to wear jeans and a t-shirt.....if you have never seen these races you should try it out, they are pretty exciting because they crash into eachother and it's really entertaining......so this is our experience.



Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
that is so funny, I bet all the drunk guys were checking you out, you were probably the only one with your hair done and makeup on. Its nice that he suprised to though!!! I need to call you, I swear I didn't forget. I don't work Mon. and tues, we should get together with the kiddos!!!
Sounds like fun, I have actually never heard of the races. We are pretty boring so maybe we will try it out. I love your new doo
Too funny! I grew up going to sprint car races at "Manzi" as my dad calls it! It's my dad's favorite hobby! I totally know what you are talking about with the white trash... it's actually pretty funny! I love to go but I admit secretly a lot of it is the Indian Tacos! Ha! Fun date!
Steven always wanted to take me there when we were dating and every time we went the races weren't going on. So I am a little jealous you got to go. It sounds so entertaining. At least now I know what to wear if we ever make to a race. I just give props to the hubby for planning it.
Way fun!! I am jealous. Matt hasn't done something like that in a long time. What a great hubby!
Wow, Russell really came through on that date night! How fun, can he give some tips to my hubby? ;-)
carefull, that's one or two steps away from full-blown NASCAR!! Then there will be no mistaking!
Russell will start puting up NASCAR banners in your garage and wearing neon colored race T-shirts.
hilarious! love that you totally dressed up!
Post a Comment