Wednesday, May 9, 2007

In honor of....











This past March 21st was the 7 year anniversary of my brothers passing away and every year the Arizona Department of Public Safety has a memorial for all of the fallen DPS officers which is really neat and a state wide memorial for all officers of public safety in the evening. I actually havn't been in a long time but I went this last Monday to support my family. My older brother Aaron is an officer and just got on the kanine unit, his dog is named after my brother Brett so he and the other kanine officers were announced and we met his dog, it was really cool. That night at the statewide memorial my mom was a guest speaker and she totally rocked it. Her speach, I'm not joking, was 10 times better than even the gov. Janet Napolitano! So here's a few pics from the day.....
I forgot to put the caption under each picture so I'll explain..the first one is of Brett's sons Caleb and Brayden. They are so handsome! The next one is of Bretts memorial at DPS headquarters and then they always have awesome bagpipers at every funeral or service so that one is of them obviously, then there's the memorial at the park by the state capitol of every fallen officer in arizona history, and the blue circle wreaths are for each officer, blue is always the color and then there's the kanine unit of officers and last my brother Aaron and his dog Brett.

1 comment:

chris+amber said...

I didn't know they held an annual thing for fallen officers. My aunt's brother (who was an officer as well) was killed in a motorcycle accident this just this past October. That's such a neat event. My family loves having Nona in their ward. Your nephews really are so handsome!