Saturday, July 5, 2008

What a week!

What a good week. I love 4th of July, even in Arizona where it's 110 degrees. We got lucky this year with the temp only getting to 105 I think and the windy night with clouds in the sky brought the temp even lower! Every summer I ask myself how we get through these crazy summers but I guess we're used to it. We started our day off by going to see Walle with Maggster, we loved it. Then we went to Derek and Summers for our traditional barbeque and swim fiesta which is always a blast. I wasn't sure how Violet would do but I put her in her little tent in the shade and with a damp onesie and towel she did so good, loved the weather and the sound of the waterfall. Good food and good company always makes for a great day.


Lucas wasn't much for the water in the pool until it was time to go home and then I couldn't get him out!


Maggie had so much fun, I can't wait until she can swim on her own

Beth and cute little Kennedy

Kash and Brenden

My sweet in-laws, they are the best and I don't think Mom had any idea that I was taking a pic

Our food table wouldn't be complete without Carols watermelon fruit bowl that is delish!


Our swim paradise. Thank you Derek and Summer for hosting another fun b-bque at your casa



Every time Russell does a backflip it looks like he is going to hit the slide....pretty tricky!

Emma wanted to try one too, she almost made it all the way over...good form!

Grandma Carol, Grandma Judy and Beth just chillin getting some rays.

I seriously love this little girl, Sailor is so stinkin cute and she was just standing in the shade checking out the scene so I had to take a picture.


Fireworks!!!
We are so lucky every year to watch a firework show that feels like it's in your own backyard....oh wait, it is in our own backyard! The Rockn' R Ranch firework show is launched from my inlaws back pasture and they are maybe 100yards from where we sit so you can imagine how loud they are as they burst right over your head....you literally have to krink your neck to see them! We had a storm blow in at about 7:00 last night and so it was sooo windy with tons of lightning which was beautiful but because of the craziness of the wind they couldn't start the fireworks unless it slowed down a bit. We were gratefull for the wind because it made the weather so great for sitting outside. There are so many people that come each year and I don't think we knew half of them, Russells parents are saints to open up there backyard for these people to come and watch and they even share their popcorn and snowcones as well. I just love Independence Day and I love all of the soldiers who are fighting for our country and our freedom as well as the freedom of others. We are so blessed!
A little annoyed? Maybe. Happy to have 1 of who knows how many snowcones? Definately.
Clinton and Russell enjoying the cold ice before the rush starts
Krew and Kash

I don't particularly love snow cones but you can't resist on a hot day, esp. 4th of July!

Lucas wanted nothing to do with the snowcones but was all about the popsicles that no one else got but him...he's a little spoiled no?
Check out the trees in the wind....
Russell and Derek were manning the front drive so we didn't get some strangers parking in the driveway

Nice storm clouds that went right around us thankfully
My mom and the kids, Lucas was trying to have a melt down but Grandma Cathie usually gets him to forget what he's mad about.
Sad that Violet wasn't in the family pic but she was safely inside sawing logs with her snoring.
You can see we got some sun and my hair looks like it's gonna blow off my head!


Hope y'all had a good 4th! Until next year.



Ahhhh.......
So we had a few new milestones with our little Violet girl. Thanks to the wonderful book, Babywise,(highly recommend), our little girl doesn't seem so little anymore now that she is sleeping through the night. Yes thats right, at her 7week mark she started sleeping all night long! I wasn't sure if Babywise would really work or I thought maybe it worked for everyone in the book but surely not for me.....I was completely wrong. If you have read the book you know that is an easy process to follow and it makes sense, why didn't I hear about it sooner? My other kids didn't sleep through the night until 3-4 months and it's been almost 2 weeks now and Violet is doing so good! Her other milestone that we had was that she was left for the first time with a babysitter other than Grandma or Grandpa....maybe thats a milestone for me....anyway, my niece Hannah came over and watched her and Maggie while we went to Costco. Granted it wasn't for a very long time but she did so good and I think Hannah loved holding her the whole time. I just love this little girl, she is such a good baby and brings such a sweet spirit into our home!

You can see by Violets solemn slumber that she loved having Hannah hold her during her nap














6 comments:

hannahbanana said...

Amber!!!!! I loved babysitting Violet! She is so cute! I would love to babysit her again! Shes ADORABLE!!!!!

SouthernAZ WOLFINGTON said...

We are sad we missed the Kennedy's traditional firework party. We didn't do much here. I can't believe you got Violet sleeping through the night! She is adorable. Russell, stop by one of these times when you're working. You are always welcome for dinner too. Miss you guys. Liz

summer k said...

Great pictures! I hope it's ok I used 2 of your pics! 4th was so much fun!

shell said...

those are some wonderful pics. i don't think this baby is ever going to come out!!

Diane said...

I'm not sure if you remember me or not, but just thought i'd leave a comment. (diane freestone) i actually am Kapryce's (charlons best friend) cousin, and i was actually your YCL at camp i think. just thought while i passed through to leave a comment and say hi, if you do remember me, and that your kids are freakin' adorable!

Melody B. said...

I've heard about that Kennedy swim paradise from Heather W.! "Who needs Sunsplash?" she says!:P You look GREAT Amber...your hair is cute long. Violet...too cute for words! That look on Maggie's face with the snowcone...totally YOU!