This last week we had the opportunity to go to Alpine Az for some good and needed R&R. The cabin up there belongs to Russell's Grandpa and we are so grateful to be able to use it and enjoy the prettiest part of Arizona. We went with Russells parents and his sister Beth and her family and Derek and his family. The kids loved playing with their cousins. If you have never been to this part of Az, it is definately worth the 4 hr. drive. We went fishing at every lake or body of water that is up there and with huge thanks to Derek(Russells bro), we were able to go on some beautiful drives on the mountain with his ranger. We have never stayed a whole week before and I'm so grateful we did, it went by way too fast but we enjoyed every second!

This would have been a great family pic but Violet was asleep in her carseat and Lucas was too busy throwing a fit.

This look out point is at 11,000ft. and it overlooks New Mexico . You can see out soo far and it is my favorite spot!

Here is Lucas and his fit.....just one of many

Maggie is very into pictures lately so she is a good smiler.

The happy couple, aren't they so cute?! Russells mom has been coming up here since she was a little girl!


On top of Terry Flat, Lucas is MIA again because he didn't want to get in the picture.

Once Grandpa got on the quad, he was all over it.


Maggie loved walking around and finding flowers or plants that she thought were flowers


This is the most beautiful place I've seen and it's on top of a mountain.

sorry I downloaded the same pic twice...


Just another fit due to tiredness and me taking way too many pictures

This picture cracks me up, look at Maggie....she is currently putting a buger in her mouth in this picture!!! Gross!!! I always tell her to get a klenex or at least wipe it on the bottom of her shoe or something.

This is Oscar the squirrel. He is not afraid of anyone. We would throw food in the yard and he would be right down to get it. Lucas got like 2 ft. away from him and so he ran up the tree and started chirping at Lucas for getting in the way of him getting his piece of toast.



Russell and his dad had really good luck fishing so the kids of course wanted to take a pic with all the fish.

The proud fishermen and their daily catch.

Lucas helped reel in this fish with Grandpa. He wasn't afraid of the fish but he wouldn't ever take his eye of of them for a pic.



This is the fish Maggie helped reel in.

Gotta love Lucas' face in this picture

Maggie found this hat in the cabin and wore it all the time, she thought it was a cowboy hat.

Can we say Gilligan's island?


This is the front yard, or side yard...it's so nice to sit out there and enjoy the view.

Maggie said this was our dinner......crunchy



We played tons of Rummicube(sp). That and Shang Hi or Dynasty as Dad called it.

One word... sick. I guess he loves fish that much.

I actually got a picture of Violet awake! She slept for a good amount of time.

Here is a series of pictues of Lucas throwing a major fit.... just part of our day.

Check out the dirt on the face and the drool on the chin.


Classic.


He was always happy if he had food in his hand.

Are you kidding me with that face? Only when your at the cabin can your face be that dirty and you not care.


Violet doing what she does best.

Sailor and Lucas enjoying good ol' Peter Pan.



What is camping without a good game of horseshoes?




This is the view just in front of the cabin.






The best thing to do at the cabin....take a good Alpine nap


Obviously they are contagious



All the kids did so good on the way up and back. We love Alpine!!
10 comments:
One word...FUN!!! But I totally threw up in my mouth when I saw that pic of Russell & the fish! Were the eyeballs still in there...gross!! You are lookin SKINNY MINI! I can't beleive it was cool enough to wear a sweater, what a fun vacation...I need a vacation! ;-)
That does look beautiful and lots of fun. Arizona has so many fun places to visit and yet we don't seem to take advantage of them. Your kids looked like they had lots of fun...well Lucas looked like he enjoyed some of it anyway. Violet is growing so fast and I haven't even seen her. We all need to get together for a GNO.
That's ironic cuz I was just telling Steve yesterday how magical and beautiful Alpine is. I'm so glad we got to go way back when and I'd love tag along again someday. You got some great pics. Especially Maggie walking in the grass with that hat on. Congrats w/ Violet, I can't wait to hold her. So did Russell end up bringing you flowers in the hospital? love you guys. Liz
These are the cutest pics of you guys! maggie is a doll and I am so glad that my 2 year old is not the only one to throw tantrums....Love it! we need to get together soon!
You guys seriously take the best trips ever!:) And I can't say enough about Glen...the best! Just know any time that you post about him...I will telling you how great he is...like you don't already know!:) Russell eating that fish...SICK and WRONG!:P Poor Lucas he is so sad in these pics...poor buddy!:(
that wins for longest post EVER!! that looks like so much fun. and Jason said you 2 had fun when you came into FBS and he couldn't stop laughing at how silly you are. i told him I didn't like you anymore because you quit doing hair!!
that looks so relaxing amber! such good pictures too!
Looks like you all had so much fun!
Wished we could have gone!
BUGGED!
That looks like it was a GREAT trip! Violet is adorable!!
So many GREAT pictures. What great memmories. It looks like a beautiful place. Violet is really adoreable.
Post a Comment