Friday, June 13, 2008

Latest happenings...

How sad is this picture? Maggie is holding the body and head of a doll that is almost 20yrs old. I used to play with it when I was little and now all this time later the head is broken and I have yet to fix it. The poor girl doesn't care though, she just carries them both around and asks me if I have the glue to fix it yet. (I was going to go buy super glue but it wasn't top priority so I forgot). I felt so bad seeing her sitting there with the headless baby so I used some good ol packing tape on the inside to try and hold it for now.


This was "baby shivers" does anyone remember this doll? You would put a battery in her head/neck and then she would shiver and when you held her tight she would stop. It was kind of lame and the fact that her head came off so you could put the battery in is the reason it's worn down and now broken.

A little plasic surgery and she's not quite as good as new but good enough.


Maggie and her scallywag hairdo are very happy to have a whole baby

I had to post a pic of my LUcas...he just hangs out and eats snacks, watches Dora and plays with his toys. He's a stinker but we love him of course!

Polka Dots Dance!!

This is Maggie and my beautiful niece Hannah. She and her friend are doing a little dance class for girls in their neighborhood for the month of June and it is so fun for Maggie to have something to do each week.

They stretch, dance around, and they are learning a dance. Maggie didn't know any of the girls but she loves it and talks about her new friends all the time.

She has "dance" clothes but she insisted on wearing her "polka dot" pants (from Halloween), because they matched her polka dot dance class! It was pretty clever of her to think of that.

Thank you Hannah and Maddie for doing this class, she loves it!

5 comments:

Lisa Truman said...

Hey Amber, I don't know if you remember me but I'm Andrea (Rosales) Behunin's sister Lisa. I found your blog through Cassie Ross's. I just had to comment on your beautiful children and that i love the picture of Maggie with the headless doll. My daughter Tayler would have done the same thing! And your son Lucas totally reminds me of my 2 year old son Caden! Anyways, you have a beautiful family! Congrats on your new baby girl!

Katie Peterson said...

I am totally laughing about the headless doll!! At least you taped it together with clear tape & not duct tape! But how fun that she has your old doll...I love that she goes to that little dance class, anything to keep the kiddos busy!

Hansen Fam said...

I love the doll! That is hilarious. Poor Maggie. I love how she acarried it around anyway. Hope you are doing well!

Melody B. said...

I am rollin' over here with your headless baby doll's plastic surgery. Cracks me up that she was just sitting there holding the head in one hand and the body in the other like, "what?" Then her happy little face after you TAPED the head back on... CLASSIC!

hbuckmr said...

Baby shivers? Aki and I had always called it Baby ugly! (With affection, of course.) We had that doll at our house for a while, I just couldn't understand why Aki loved it so much. I'm glad that baby doll is making Maggie happy, too!