Wednesday, August 5, 2009

I'm Baaaack!

Wow, I have been soo lazy this summer and obviously have not been keeping up on the blog but, I definately will from now on because we are moving to Reno! Russell has project with the city of Reno and it will last 6months to 2 years and that is just way too long and way too far away to be commuting each week so we will be moving up there. I'm so excited for the new adventure and of course sad to leave our little life here that we have established. Maggie can't wait to start kindergarden at her new school in Reno. Last week Russell and I drove the long 12 hour drive up there to look for a house to rent and of course it was the second to last house we looked at after driving all over that town and it's the one we thought would work best for us. Good thing Lake Tahoe is 25 minutes from our house and it's beautiful! We will so miss our friends and family here but we are so excited to go. I have a little over a week to pack up the house and get out of town, yahoo!

This is the first look out point at Tahoe, 8,000ft. It's gorgeous!

Before we went to Reno we had the opportunity to go to the beach house with Russell's family for a few days. It was soo nice to get out of the heat and enjoy that cool ocean breeze. Maggie had a blast and would have stayed at the beach until dark if we let her. Lucas didn't care for it much and Vilolet did not like touching the sand at all. Suprise, suprise. It was fun!

Russell was the chosen one to get buried standing up.



After being down at the beach for awhile, we finally convinced lucas it was fun to play in the sand.


Maggie celebrated her 5th birthday this summer and she was so lucky to have a little family get together while Russell was in town and then another one with her friends. She got so many presents and is a very happy girl. I can't believe she is 5! I remember thinking about this day when I was holding her as a newborn and I could have sworn it would be forever until she turned 5 and then it just flew by. She is such a good older sister, she loves playing with Lucas and Violet and she is such a good helper for me. Maggie is always happy and is so kind and loving to all her family and friends. She is so sweet and inocent and we sure do love having her in our family. Some of her favorite things are:
food: cereal, ice cream, waffles, strawberries and cream, corn on the cob, and rice with chicken
tv show: Max and Ruby, Wow Wow Wubbzy
movie: Wall-E
treat: cookies
color: red and purple
book: Princess books
song: Max and Ruby theme song
toy: dress up, and barbies
hobby: coloring, painting and anything that has to do with art!



This is her Hannah Montana outfit that she picked with her birthday money

She had a Luau for her birthday and we played lots of party games, decorated a craft and had sundays and cake. It was a lot of fun!


Miss Violet started walking a few weeks ago and we are so excited. She is the fiestyist little thing and I have no idea where she got it from. She was my sweetest and best baby and then someone flipped a switch when she turned one. She knows exactly what she wants and doesn't want and she is not afraid to tell you. She only wants me when she's tired or hungry otherwise she prefers Grandma or Daddy. She is so funny and we love her to pieces.



So this is my attempt to paint the kids faces. At the gym they were doing it and I didn't have time for them to wait in the long line to get their faces done so I told Maggie I would take her to the store to get paint and do it myself. Lucas of course didn't want something easy, he wanted a motorcycle! Yikes, I think you could tell thats what it was.


And that's what we've been up to!










7 comments:

Ball Family said...

Wow your kids have grown so much! They are gorgeous. How exciting to move to Reno. A week to pack up the house? Ugh! Good luck with everything.

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you really are going to move! Yuck! YW's isn't going to be the same with out ya! We will miss you tons but I am happy for you.

SouthernAZ WOLFINGTON said...

Dude, the motorcycle mustache on Lucas is the bee's knees!
Figures you guys would move to Nevada, yet further away to us than you were before? That's messed up. Lizard-breath and I are very happy for you guys though. Getting out of Maricopa County for a little while. AND I DO MEAN 'A LITTLE' WHILE. I already told Russell not to pull an Ethan on me.

SouthernAZ WOLFINGTON said...

Lizardbreath huh? Whatever....um, Steve.....your name's no fun.

That will be such a fun adventure for you and the kids. It better be temporary. Let's meet back up in AZ someday and we'll be friends.
Love Liz.

Brooke said...

amber....what am i going to do without my fabulous hair-dresser? i know it's best for your family and it will be an exciting and new adventure for you! i will miss you....thank goodness you have a blog so i can continue to see what's going on with you! good luck girl!

manders said...

I've been wondering where you were! Thank heavens for blog-stalking. I'm glad to hear you are still alive. Good luck in Reno! Sounds like a nice change of pace.

All that talk of 5 years flying by just about made me cry! Babies grow way too fast! Make it stop!

Flaherty Fam said...

It was so fun to hang out the other night, but I'm sad you are moving. We will definintely have to plan some fun GNO's when you come in town. Good luck in Reno!