Saturday, August 15, 2009

Reno, Home Sweet Home!!

We made it! After traveling for 16 and a half hours on Friday we finally arrived at our new home in Pleasant Valley. We are soo excited to be here. I spent a week packing up my house and getting it ready for the big move. I was so excited for our new adventure so I didn't really think about how sad it would be to leave. I was fine all day Friday until I walked through the house with Russell after it was completely empty and as I would look in a room, all I saw was memories of my kids growing up in that house and bringing them home from the hospital and holidays and everything else and I just bawled like a baby. I didn't think I was going to miss our first home but it was such a cute and cozy little place and it's where my babies grew up right in front of my eyes! I'm glad we still own it so I can go back and look at it every now and then. The kids absolutely love the house up here in Reno. It's a lot bigger than our Mesa home so it's kind of weird to have the kids so spread out and have so much room but I think we'll adjust quite easily. The weather last night as we drove in was a cool 59 degrees and we've had our windows open all day with a beautiful breeze coming through the house. We actually ate dinner out on the deck! My mom and dad have been such a huge part of our success up here, helping drive up, unload and unpack. As we sat down tonight we realized how much we'd unpacked and we're almost done. Next week we'll get the house decorated and get Maggie registered for school. Fun times ahead. I'm sad to have left my little life down in Mesa but I'm so excited to start our adventure up here and hope it will be a fabulous 2years and we'll love coming back to visit! I'll post pictures later this week!

3 comments:

Miller Family said...

Amber, I just found out you were moving last week and you are already gone!! I can't believe it. How fast you were able to pack up and make such a long trip. Sorry we weren't able to come by and help or say goodbye. I will miss having you guys in the ward. I will very much miss you as my visiting teaching companion. I am exciting for your adventure in a new place too. Jake and I spent most of our honeymoon in Tahoe and it was SO beautiful.

The Tyler's said...

Thanks for the fun comment!
Ok, so the first couple weeks will be a little hard I'm sure but really I am already feeling so at home. It's been so fun to meet new people. Our goal was to be involved with things and it really helps to get out there and meet people. I'm really excited for you guys! I so know what you mean about the emergency contact!! I had to put someone so I put this girl I met at church that Sun...luckily she had given me her number. Good luck!

Melody B. said...

Well, ya don't blog for a while and I guess you miss EVERYTHING! I can't believe you are gone. :( Glad that you are enjoying your new place though! How many sq. feet is it?