

Lucas wanted nothing to do with touching the water, ever since the beach he's afraid the water is gonna knock him down? I don't know


This is just one view of the lake, the rest of it goes miles behind me. Very open, very choppy, doesn't look like it would be great wakeboarding water....oh wait, we don't own a boat....or a wakeboard!




Can you see why it's called Pyramid Lake?


We had our Ward Conference Sunday and it was great, packed the house with Stake Leaders and ward members great. Russell didn't make it into the chapel before the Sacrament started (another story), so I was left to wrangle the kids alone, a task I haven't done alone in a long time seeing how we used to be in my parents ward and they would help with the kids. So as the Sacrament is being passed and the chapel is so quiet you can hear a pin drop...Lucas gets up and bonks his face on the pew and starts bawling! Loudly might I add. So while picking him up, we knock Violet down in the process and she starts crying so I have to move Lucas next to me and put her on my lap. Now I'm consoling 2 crying kids and wondering if I should get up and drag 2 crying kids out to leave Maggie sitting alone or just get them calmed down. I chose the latter. I was so embarrassed. If you know Violet then you know she didn't like me giving attention to Lucas so she was slapping him and pulling my head to her face so I wouldn't look at Lucas...she's feisty. So the rest of the day Lucas had 2 marks on his face, one from before church when he ran into the wall, and the one on his eye from the pew. Oh boy.
After church being a very eventful afternoon we enjoyed the rest of our windy day at home.
After church being a very eventful afternoon we enjoyed the rest of our windy day at home.

taking naps, don't i look comfy?

playing outside

check out the wind in her hair, it was blowing like 30 mph all day and night...loved every minute of it.








7 comments:
Love all the pictures! Already miss u guys!!!
What fun adventures and the lake is so beautiful. Your kids are so adorable!
I love discovering new places...what a fun lake! I also totally feel your pain about being at church alone. I secretly hate when Brett is asked to pass the sacrament because it always seems like when I'm on my own my kids decide to do something and I'm draggin two bawling kids out. Love the fun popcorn night...that's a regular at our house.
OMG! That is so funny about the kids... when first having my 2nd, Caden, and Ellie was about 20 month old he would always help out with communion which meant that I was alone with 2 little babies. And it never failed that one of them would start crying. Having a new born and a 20month old and then add crying to the mix is never fun and so embarrassing. Yes, you can get up and leave but thats always an adventurer in itself. So I just had to laugh hopefully with you someday about your story.
Looks like you all are loving the new place. I keep mentioning it to Eric that it would be great if we could move somewhere cooler for a couple of years. But he is not having it :( so enjoy the cooler weather a little more for me :)
That lake looks amazing! I love little family trips like that.
So this past Sunday Noah was holding Sadie on his lap and Ronan was trying to get on his lap when he got passed the sacrament tray and totally dropped the whole thing! And it was the metal kind of tray...so the whole ward heard the loudest sound ever!..if it makes you feel any better.
Well I had to have a good laugh when I saw the picture of you guys at the lake, the one with Russell standing there with his hands on his hips, so Russellish. Then the next photo and there is Lucas with his hands on his hips EXACTLY like Dad. Hilarious! It looks like you guys are having a great time, I love hearing about your new adventures!
How we miss you already! Enjoy! What a fun time to bond & depend on one another. :)
Can't wait to hear about more of the Kennedy's nonsense!
Post a Comment