
We snapped a few shots on the road as we were on our way up. Usually 16+ hours of driving with 3 small kids = disaster but our kids did so good. Probably because we stopped enough times for them to get out and burn off some energy....probably why it took us 16+ hours to get here!


Maggie was so excited to be in her new "snow house" as she calls it because we told her it would snow here. As soon as her toys were unpacked she got right into her dress up stuff as you can plainly see.

This is a picture of our back yard. The steps in the middle go up to the horse corral and barn. It's totally a hill but it's beautiful and the kids figured out that rolling down it is pretty fun. Every evening we have at least 5-10 cottontail bunnies come back there and eat.

The barn that sits back yonder on the property, too bad we don't have horses up here but it makes for great extra storage!

This picture is looking at the back of the house from on top of the hill in back, we love that the concrete goes all the way around the house, it's perfect for the kids to ride their bikes and scooters.

The mornings here are amazing, a nice cool breeze and the kids can't get enough of being out back...thankfully.

This is our little orchard. We have 3 apple trees, a pear tree, apricot and peach. Yummy! I can't wait until those apples are ready! The fence you see is where the hot tub is, how fun is that? We always wanted one!

This is our front deck that is right outside the office. Since I didn't have a kitchen table for a few days we just ate out here and it is completely peaceful and you can't beat the view! I actually feel guilty eating inside when the weather is so nice outside, it's almost a crime to not take advantage of it.

My mom was so helpful in so many ways(thanks mom!) and one of them was that she would go outside with the kids and play. Here they are in the side yard making roads and tracks for Lucas' cars

Miss Violet just might be a tomboy, she loves playing with Lucas and all of his cars. I always find her in his room playing with his stuff and she loves to say "car!"

Of course Maggie is as sweet as can be and she loves to pose for the camera

I think these two can bond on the fact that they both love popcorn. I think it's so cute. Violet will follow Maggie to wherever she takes the bowl of popcorn and plop herself down and go to town

Enjoying some morning toast!

Here is the view of the kitchen from the office

Same view just to the left, sorry about the clutter on the counters

Russ-man in his new home office

Strike a pose

Doing what he loves. It's interesting that in Mesa I could not get this kid to pedal himself in the trike but as soon as we got here I swear the boy is on it whenever he can be.

Our cute little fireplace wall. I love the brick, this house has so many little details that give it so much character. The office is behind this wall and the kitchen to the right.

This is from the same spot as I took the last picture but facing the other way. It's a great room with plenty of space for the kids to run around and has a huge wall with windows that look out the front. Right behind the couches is the stairs that go down to the front door.

I'm in love with the closet. I didn't even have to bring our dresser up here because all of our stuff fits in here! Maybe we won't be late for church now that I can see all my shoes and not have to waste time looking for that darn one that is always in the dark corner of your closet!

My side of the bathroom. I love having my own side, no offense Russell, I know how you love to brush your teeth with me at the same time...lol!

This is our room, still a little barren but I'm so excited to decorate this baby to the nines. Now that I actually have space to do something fun, I can't wait.

The girls room is so cute, unfortunately two of the walls are slump block since it's in the basement but it's cute anyway.


This is our room again, we have our own little deck that looks out over the front and side of the house. I love how much natural light I can get in here!

Ahhh, my new table that I love. I'm so afraid to eat at it because I don't want to get anything on it or scratch it, how lame I know but we've never had a new table before!

Lucas has a cute little cowboy room, I took this picture before I hung all of his stuff up but it is so cute and he loves it.

I forgot to take a picture of the front of the house so I will do that soon. I also didn't take one of the guest/play/exercise room but maybe I will someday. We already feel so at home here and are definitely loving the weather. It's supposed to be only 84 degrees tomorrow! I can't believe it....just wait until winter, I'm gonna die....either that or get fat because I'll be inside eating cookies and hot chocolate! We'll see.....


9 comments:
What a great home! I am excited for your family and your new adventure. I heard you were moving so I hopped on your blog to check it out. Have fun in Reno, it looks beautiful! -Deanna
Your house looks so fun and your backyard awsome! I can't believe its already all decorated!!! I am sad I didn't get to say goodbye! My kids are liking school, I hope maggie loves it, is it half day or full?
Amber I'm so excited for you and your family. What a beautiful place to live!
I am loving the house. Your closet is fabulous! I'm sure the kids will be outside all the time with all that fun stuff. I'm so impressed you guys are already unpacked...but I know how it goes when you have a one year old pulling everything out of every single box. Or at least that was how mine was so I had to get it all done as quick as possible!
Can't wait to see more pics!
what a fun little adventure! i'm totally jealous about your nice weather & beautiful view!! what a cute cozy home you have!!
So happy you made it! By "made it" I mean got there safely and settled! Moving is such an ordeal and worse yet settling into a house. Your place is decorated and looks so cute and the outside pictures make it look so beautiful. Jake and I are so jealous we have been wanting to move to a place where is green for years. Hope everything is going well and you are enjoying the cool weather.
Amber your house is so cute! And I LOVE that view you have and the outdoor seating. I bet the kids love it! And your kitchen is totally cute too.
How is your mom holding up :(
Your home looks beautiful. LOVE, LOVE your view and the weather... I don't think we would ever be inside. My kids love being outside, and its so sad that its so hot that we hardly make it out to play. Enjoy the weather, the view, the peacefulness of it all, and your YUMMY fruit trees!!! You will have to learn how to make JAM, Pies, and whatever else now (if you don't know how to already). Glad you made is safe.
The house is a beaut! Love the kitchen. Glad you guys are settled. Looks like you're having fun!!
Post a Comment