Thursday, August 20, 2009

a little diddy

It's almost been a week since we've been here in Reno and I feel very at home. Our house is so cozy and it sits on a hill with quiet neighbors that aren't too close so we have our own privacy(too bad for them that a young family with loud, at times screaming kids moved in next door.) I went without a kitchen table for a few days and enjoyed the beautiful view from our front deck table and felt the nice cool breeze in the shade of the mountains as the sun sets behind it. I really feel so lucky to be in this house, in this particular part of town. It's so rural and not ideal for Maggie and Lucas since there's no kids that live close but the yard and the animals that come into our yard and the views are worth it. I have tons of pictures to post of the new house but since we don't have our highspeed internet until Saturday, I'll have to suffice you all with these little diddys from the week before we left our very much missed home in Mesa.



This is my Grandpa Buckmister, we miss him and hope he is doing well, I feel bad that I didn't take advantage of being just around the corner from him and now we are12 hours away! Love you Grandpa!




We were able to go out to eat with my family before we left, we missed Scott, Brandon and Nona who were'nt able to be there but it was way overdue and we had fun!



Had a bit too much fun with the packing tape...had to keep my poor kids entertained!



Again with the entertainment, who knew it could be so easy?




Maggie's sweet friend Natalie came to give Maggie a good bye gift, the shirts and a best friend necklace, how sweet is that? These two girlies are sure going to miss each other!




3 comments:

kemptons said...

How exciting to experience something new. Reno is beautiful! We were looking into jobs there but it just didn't work out. We were bummed. You have the lake and the snow at your fingertips. Lucky! Hope all is going well with the move.

SUMMER said...

WOW! Can't believe you guys moved. It will be a fun little adventure! We know some people that moved their recently. The Chatterlys and also I think my friend Valerie Page still lives there too. Are their a lot of wards in Reno? Good Luck! It will be great!

Anonymous said...

Sounds great! I want to see pics of your home! miss ya.