Monday, April 14, 2008

Firehouse Fieldtrip

Maggie had her 2nd field trip of the school year and they went to the firestation. This last week they learned all about fire safety so it was really fun and cute to see them get so excited at the fire station. Funny thing is, she was just loungin around during the "lesson" part of the trip when the fireman was telling them the 5 rules they should learn and remember about fire safety and when I asked her what they were on the way home she had no idea what I was talking about. I'm sure she was day dreaming the whole time so good thing mom was paying attention. She did retain the "stop, drop and roll" method which is important. Oh well you take what you can!

This truck that they are all touching was pretty big so they all had to feel it I guess.

Fireman Dave showing how to stop, drop and roll. As you can see, Maggie is just laying there relaxing.

I'm glad she made herself feel at home.

This was right at the beginning when they let us in, Maggie was pretty excited.

Wasn't too thrilled about the firehat until later that night.

Capt. Dave, the kids and Miss Leslie.

I was lucky to get this shot because he only wore that hat for like 10 seconds.

When the fireman put on all his fire gear he sounded like darth vadar when he talked and the kids were not to keen on that image. He had to remind them that if their house was on fire and a man came in looking and sounding like he did, not to be afraid. Instead of covering her eyes because he looked scary, Maggie chose to cover her ears?

The "Maggie Pose"...she doesn't learn it from me.

1 comment:

Julie Jan said...

I love the Maggie pose! She is so cute! I can't wait for the boys to start preschool! Do they really go on these great field trips??