Monday, March 24, 2008

Easter Eggstravaganza!

Easter is definately my 2nd favorite holiday next to Christmas. This year was a busy year with our annual easter egg hunt at Grandma and Grandpa Kennedys, easter dinner on both sides, giving the easter lesson in Young Womens and celebrating Grandpa Kennedys birthday! Every year the easter bunny brings (buys) way too much candy, ends up with tons left over and eats way too much sugar. I think 85% of the food I consumed this weekend was sugar. It doesn't help that I'm pregnant either.

Here are the kids after the hunt on Friday night. It was Lucas' first egg hunt and he could have cared less about finding more eggs once he realized there was candy in them.

You can see the anticipation of the kids before we let them bolt out the door. I wish I could have snapped a picture of Lucas when he came out of the house with his basket on his head.



I'm not sure if Alice was sharing or if Lucas was swiping.

We have church at 9:00am which isn't too early at all, but when you want to make a yummy breakfast, I have to get up pretty early. I whipped up some yummy waffles and eggs for our easter breakfast.

Obviously Maggie rocks out in her sleep....nice bed head.

We actually were running a tad bit late so I had Russell snap some pictures real quick and of course Lucas had to hold his blanket


I couldn't find the tripod for the camera so we didn't get a family pic. We were running too late, sorry Russell! You can't tell how high my belly is and maybe it was just the dress but every single person I made eye contact with at church had some comment about my belly.....yes, obviously I'm pregnant, I have been for 7and a half months...I still have 8 weeks to go, get used to it!
The Easter Bunny was too busy with other houses before church so we had to wait for him to come after church.

This is Maggie thinking she found her basket but it was just the one I took to YW.

Maggie found Lucas' basket...he had no idea what it meant to find his easter basket.

She finally found hers.

Yet again, couldn't get him to part with his candy for a second so I could take a picture of his face.

All in all we had a wonderful Easter weekend and will probably gain a few lbs. and maybe a few cavities because of it but that's what the holidays are all about right?! Hope everyone had a great day!

18 comments:

Kenyon said...

Cute Easter pics. I love your dress, you look so cute. I carry super high to. Do you get heartburn? I get it like crazy. Lots of cute happy kids :)

summer k said...

You guys look great on easter! Sad we missed glen's b-day, but we had my fam's easter!

Katie Peterson said...

I am right there with ya girl....I can't tell you how much JUNK I have been eating!! I always eat a TON of candy, then get this huge sugar headache & wonder why.....you look so cute in your Easter dress...thanks for the heads up on the Motherhood dresses....I went & got one & you know I had to buy a LARGE!! I love Lucas's orange vest...that is such a good color on him....I love Maggie's bed head....even with bed head she is adorable! Like my long post???

Katie Peterson said...

Okay...I just typed a LONG comment & for some reason it wouldn't publish...what the???!!!

You know I am right there with you in eating WAY TOO MUCH SUGAR!! I love your Easter dress...thanks for the heads up on the cute dresses at Motherhood...I went & got one & you know I had to buy a LARGE!!!

I love Lucas's orange vest....that is such a good color on him & love Magg's bed head...even with bead head she is sooo cute!!

Don't forget about the parenting class on Thursday...just bring your $ then!

the cummard family said...

such cute easter outfits! it was such a great easter wasn't it. i always love when holiday's fall on a sunday....and when all the family get's to be together. i didn't know you were in YW...i'll have to call you for some ideas!

Suzy Cummard said...

What the.
No way is Lucas that old.
CRAZY.

Your kids are so adorable.
Looks like you had a rockin' Easter.
Hang in there with this pregancy! I am sure you look so cute.

Brooke said...

happy easter amber and family! everyone in my ward is still shocked that i'm due in may and not tomorrow. oh well! you look great! be thankful that your butt doesn't get as big as your belly does! i will show you how big mine is in a week!

amberbuck said...

If you study the picture of the kids and I, you will notice that it looks like I'm pinching Lucas' stomache so hard but I was actually tickling him so he would smile which obviously didn't work. No I don't beat my children. I was laughing so hard when I just barely noticed that.

Lyndsie Field said...

your kids look so cute all dressed up in their easter clothes! and you look great amber...good luck with this last little bit! it's the worst part of pregnancy in my book! :)

Flaherty Fam said...

Super cute. I love new Easter outfits. Your dress is so cute too!

Jenny Grover said...

Hey girl! I hope you got my text I sent you! It said Happy Birthday! So Happy Birthday! Check out my blog! Don't get mad! HEE HEE

shell said...

i love that dress. where'd ya get it?

The Haslam Family said...

You all look cute in your easter colors. That was my fav. thing about Easter when I was younger was finding my basket.

Melody B. said...

That's just too wierd to hear Summer call him "Glen"! He is and forever will be Mr. Kennedy! Even if he was my bishop I wwould still call him that!:P LOVE your dress, where did you get it?

Love that it's your Easter post and "yeah" by Usher is playing!:P

Jenny Grover said...

Hey stranger when are you going to call me to get you hair done? I like it when you come in cause we get to catch up! So get your butt in or else! You know my digits! You know the DRILL! Remember I use to say that on my answering machine! Talk to you soon! HOPEFULLY SLACKER!!!

kemptons said...

Looks like a fun Easter with LOTS of candy. I feel like candy never leaves my house. What a mom you are to make a yummy breakfast when you have 9:00 church. We have 11:00 church and all I manage to feed my kids is cereal. You looked super cute on Easter and of course so did your kiddos!

SUMMER said...

Looks like a fun easter. You seriously look so cute pregnant! I can't believe that you only have 6 weeks left! That is CRAZY!!!

Brooke said...

hey amber i sent you an email. 12:30 works fine for me! email me back at bstokes20@hotmail.com! talk to you soon!