Tuesday, March 18, 2008

In Loving Memory of Charles Henry Feehan

This past weekend was bitter sweet. My mom's dad which to me is "Grandpa Chuck" passed away. I know he lived a very good life and was a very humble person who was very close to the Lord. He was loved by all those who knew him and has many people who will miss his presence. I also know that he was greeted by so many friends and more importantly family who have been waiting to be reunited with him. He was a WWII vetran and also a retired Fire Cheif of the Evergreen CO station. Even after retirement he still worked just as hard building diesel engines. He was such a hard worker and such a joy to be around. I loved the way he would sit back and just enjoy the conversation of those around and I loved his chuckle, the way he smelled, the time he took to play cards with me, his hugs, and even though I didn't live close or talk to him on a regular basis, I always knew he loved me and my family. He is survived by his sweet wife and my sweet grandma Lucille and all of his children, grandchildren and great grandchildren. We are all lucky to have known him and have him influence or be part or our lives. We will miss him dearly!

His burial was a beautiful cerimony and because of his service in WWII, it was led by the honor guard

This was the last picture taken of Grandpa Chuck, 86 years old


The Evergreen fire truck and some of the firemen who knew him or his family came to pay their respects at his funeral

My beautiful Grandma Lucy, my sister Charlon and I

4 comments:

Katie Peterson said...

He is so sweet!!! What treasured memories you have of him & now you will never forget them....thanks to good 'ol blogging. I love the last pic of you girls....you & Charlon look sooo much alike & your Grandma looks so good! Dang you've got got genes in the fam!

When shall we go out for your b-day???

glamma said...

Thank you for posting that sweet tribute to my Dad. He truely was the most humble, faithful most loving Father anyone could ever have. He will be greatly missed and I am glad you have special memories of him.

The Kennedy Family said...

He looks like a sweet grandpa!
See ya in a bit!

kemptons said...

Sorry for your loss. I know of so many people that have attended funerals this past week, me included. But what timing as our loved ones have passed to remember Easter and the opportunity we have to see them again.