Thursday, March 20, 2008

Easter time...

What is Easter time with out a new haircut? I was trying to grow Lucas' hair out but it was looking pretty narly so I decided to give him a little trim. I love when he looks like such a big boy and since yesterday was such a beautiful day I thought I'd take him outside for a little photo opp but the sun was in his eyes and I couldn't get him to look at the camera for anything!





Maggie had to give me a good pose with her crazy hair, maybe I should have trimmed hers too!
Secondly, what is Easter in AZ without seeing the Easter Pagent? Maggie, my mom and I decided to go since Russell and I didn't have mutual last night. Lucas stayed home with grandpa and dad so we could go and it was amazing as always! We got there early enough to sit in the 5th or 6th row, and of all the 20 or so years that I've been going, I have never sat that close! It was great. Maggie fell asleep half way through but I enjoyed every minute. If you have never seen it or maybe just not this year yet, I encourage you to go, it makes Easter so special.


Maggie's famous "silly face"

Whats the Easter Pagent without dinner? We had Jack-in-the-Box and I was so jealous of the people sitting next to us who brought homemade ricecrispy treats. I was dying for one. It's funny to watch everyone feast as they are waiting for the show to start.
This is the main stage, I couln't get the whole thing in because of all the people standing in the view
All of the actors walk around before the show starts, sorry it's a little dark

The angels have always been my favorite

This was the ten virgins dance, also a favorite. I couldn't use my flash so that's why its blurry but I think the colors look so pretty. I'm so glad we found a night to go because it is such a special message that helps remind us what Easter is all about. Thanks dad and Russell for watching Lucas so we could go!

9 comments:

Malia said...

I'm so jealous you went to the Easter pageant, I love it! Cathy seriously looks like she's 20 in all of your pictures!! You guys have such a good looking family.

the cummard family said...

Gnarly has a g before it...thank mrs. stapley ;)

were you there LAST night or Wed night-at the pageant? we were there last night, and from your pics, looks like we were sitting in the same section.

Katie Peterson said...

Do you want to know my fav part of the Easter pagent.....DQ!!! Yum...your camera takes such crisp pics...what kind of camera do you have?

Flaherty Fam said...

I love Lucas' new haircut...very handsome. Brett and I so badly wanted to go to the Easter pagaent, but it just didn't happen. That was actually our first date 6 years ago.

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Smartphone, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://smartphone-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

Julie Jan said...

I love the Easter Pageant! I can't believe you sat that close. We thought about going with the boys but knew they would just be a handful and we would just leave early. I love Lucas's new haircut.

The Kennedy Family said...

Sad, i missed the easter pagent this year!
What the Heck was the smartphone comment all about???

hoopes03 said...

Lucas looks like he's getting so big! He looks so cute! I'm jealous that you went to the Easter Pageant I never realized how much I liked it until I can't go. Can't wait to see you guys.

Smith Crew said...

We missed it this year :( But I was just thinking about Lucas this weekend and was remembering when he'd say "wassthat" all the time and point and look around. I even got it on video on my old phone to show Chad. What cute kiddos you have... and another on the way!