Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Snow Day!!!

What a great suprise when Russell came home yesterday morning and told me that his work day was cancelled because of the rain! We decided to take the kids up to the snow since they have never played in it before. After I got done working we rounded up as many snow clothes that we could and headed north with Russells friend Kobe and his family and Russells parents. We went up to Young Road which is right by Roosevelt Lake and we found tons of snow! It actually snowed the whole time we were up there! Maggie loved it and would have stayed there all night and Lucas on the other hand, had fun but it was short lived because he couldn't walk very easy in it. We all stayed warm and dry and that is probably why it was such a success!

This is our view on the way up which was only about an 45 min. outside of the valley


You can see Russells happy face as we were driving up

Thankfully Maggie had a short nap before we got there which helped her have more energy for playing in the snow

Grandpa Kennedy and the kids

Yes that is my SON Lucas.....he has no idea that he's wearing pink and purple or Dora mittens

maybe he does have an idea.....poor kid, the suit fit so he had to wear it

Maggie was all hodge-podged together but she kept warm and dry!


I love that my mother in law is such a kid at heart....she had a snowball fight with Russell


These are our friends Kobe and Kristin and one of their daughters April

Lucas loved getting pulled on the sled by Grandpa


After Maggie was all done playing she was a thirsty girl! Obviously her face was a little chilly

Lucas was done about 20min or so before Maggie and everyone else so I had to entertain him in the truck while we waited to go.


9 comments:

Melody B. said...

Okay, I just have to tell you again how much I LOVE Mr. Kennedy! He is my FAVORITE! You are one lucky girl to have him as your father-in-law! Go Mr. Kennedy!:)
P.S. That sad bump/scratch on Lucas' head makes me want to tear up for the poor baby!:(

the cummard family said...

my kids have no idea that it snows in az. they think because they have't seen it here that it doesn't happen. sad. we should take them...i just can't bear it with an infant. maybe cons can borrow the dora suit ;)

Heather said...

Brrr! I'm freezing just looking at those pictures. But, it looked like you guys had fun!! Go snow days! I remember having 2 snow days in college at Utah State & we all went sledding since all our cars were stuck. :) Gotta embrace it when you get the chance.

Katie Peterson said...

I can't believe Russell let his cute little boy wear purple & pink!!! lol

You are such a good sport to take your kids up to the snow...Layne always wants to go...but I just can't get all the gear together, the snow gear we don't have....love the pic of Russell's cheesy little smile too. We need to get together sometime!

Missy said...

So fun! I here ya on hodge-podging the snow gear. Luckily my sister and her kids that live in UT have X-Tras so we just use their stuff when we go up. So crazy that snow was only 45 minutes from the valley. We had to come home from UT the long route to by-pass all that snow...but glad to got to play in it!

Jeff and Heather said...

Hey Amber! This is Heather (Roth) Prince. You have the cutest kids! Congrats on baby # 3! Just thought I would say hi. Take care. My blog address is jeffandheatherprince.blogspot.com.

out numbered said...

That looks like a lot of fun. I must say after living in snow it is not my favorite thing, but being able to drive up to it and play and then leave when you are done would be great!! You have such cute kids! -Deanna

Julie Jan said...

I love spontaneous road trips!! I see you kept warm no matter what they had to wear. Or what colors they had to wear!! ;)

SUMMER said...

It's so fun to have them play in the snow! Great pics... looks like you had a great time!!!