Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Russells New Birthday Post!!

This entry might be a little mushy and I'm going to brag a bit about my wonderful husband so if you don't want to read that then move on down. Russell this is for you, my wonderful companion who is my best friend in the whole wide world. There are so many reasons I love you and am so grateful for you in my life and here are a few reasons why:
*you make me smile the second you walk in the door everyday, it brightens my day just having you home
*you have the greatest smile of anyone I know and it's definately contagious
*I love your sarcasm most of the time but especially when it makes me laugh
*you are such a hard worker and that was made known from the first time I met you and still continues to bless our family today
*you watch MASH and it kills me but I love that you like weird shows like that
*you are a better cleaner than me so I love when you clean the bathroom(your mom did good)
*you are a great cook and never complain about my cooking even when it 's not up to par
*I love that you are "Mr. Fix It" even if i have to wait until you have time
*you let me watch girly movies every now and then and don't complain
*Like me, you are always down to get up and get out of town if possible
*for as many reasons that we are complete opposites we compliment each other well and I think it's because you are so giving
*even when I'm almost 6 months pregnant and not feeling so hot you make me feel good about myself
*thank you for always letting me vent to you even when I know you could care less about my little problems
*you are so smart and I love when I ask a simple question about something and get this scientific explanation of why it works that way
*you are a mans man and that's one of the best things about you( sorry to all you girly boys)
*you keep your emotions to yourself but when it comes to the love you have for me and the kids its definately seen and heard by you
*I love how you get so excited about the small stuff because you are a very simple man
*you love your parents and family so much and would do anything for them (and I think you try to love my family the same way)
*you are a mamas boy whether you like to think so or not
*I love that you tell yourself you are your dads favorite, who wouldn't want to be?
*you definately are the best wheelie poppin' quad rider I've seen, even though it scares me
*you love fishing more than life itself sometimes and i'm glad you don't make me do it with you
*you are a great father and husband and I know you try your best at it
*did I mention your "hotness"?
Russell, there are so many qualities that you have that have blessed my life and I'm so grateful for. Thank you for working so hard for our family and being such a fun person to be around...most of the time! j/k I hope you know how much the kids and I appreciate you and love you. You are definately loved by all the people who know you because your personality is so awesome. I hope you had a wonderful birthday and continue to have a great week!

This is a picture of a 15hr a day working man....not a 40 yr old....(Steve)

I think you love swimming so much b/c fish live in water and you LOVE fish!

Definately in your element with Keith, if you didn't have to work I'm pretty sure I'd never see you

fishing...again. I love how your beard/go-tee is always changing

camping and horseshoes...another favorite

being the worker man you are....we save a lot of $ by not having to hire people to do stuff like this( THANK YOU DEREK for letting us use your equiptment!!!)

and you always let the kids help

I love that Maggie is a "daddy's girl"

Nice picture with the exception of Lucas freaking out in the corner

So nice to let the kids help

Yummy home made cake (which wasn't your favorite flavor) but it did have "Sprinkles" frosting

I didn't have a whoppin 29 candles so he got like 10

Maggie was such a great helper with the cake....can't you tell?
The next few pictures are probably my favorite..I think you can tell why




except for your Nacho Libre smile...yikes



Maggie and I tried to do a cheesy smile...she looks a little like sloth



We love you tonz sticky bunz!

9 comments:

SouthernAZ WOLFINGTON said...

Rus, happy freaking birthday mi amigo. Amber, good post, really good. All those pictures are awesome. We need to have Lucas and Elijah spend some quality time together, they are going to be buddies for sure. Tell Russell I love him.

Suzy Cummard said...

OHH!
That was sweet.

I know you meant every word.



So... you got a computer again?
(Obviously, I've been a little out of the blogging loop!)

The Owens said...

Ok Amber, so I am totally blog stalking and found your blog. That was a really sweet post about your husband and your family is just absolutely adorable!

Katie Peterson said...

What a wonderful wife you are!! Maybe the sarcasim is the reason why Layne & Russell like each other...they both love it! I got to say I love the way his "look" has evolved from scruffy mtn man to clean shaven!!!

the cummard family said...

what the....I left a comment on Russell's "old b-day post." does that mean it's gone? Looks like a good birthday, I need that sprinkles chocolate frosting recipe. I'll trade you for the cream cheese one!

Anonymous said...

Girl I can't believe you would put that picture of me on this thing for everyone to see:0) Not only do I look like I am trying to grab your you know what but also look like I had one too many bloody mary's and not to mention that I am 5 months prego, with that being said I could not ask for a better friend than you:0) You make my life better in every way I can't tell you how many memories that we have had together that still to this day will make me laugh and cry.You rock Amber AKA The Great Divide:0) Love Tanna

Riley and Brooke Nelson said...

Hey I want to see your cute belly. Post a pic soon! Do you guys have names picked out yet?

shell said...

looking at maggie and lucas is like looking at amber and russell. SCARY!!

Julie Jan said...

Such a sweet post! It's nice to brag about your man every once in a while. Glad to see you are up and running again!