I'm officially the worst friend on the planet. One of my bffs from 4th grade, Tanna, had a birthday on December 27th(woo! hoo!) and I forgot to call her of course bc we went to the dunes that day and it totally slipped my mind. Lame I know. Last night we finally go together for dinner at Ichi Ban for her birthday dinner, of which I forgot my stupid camera, but it was so much fun. Tanna, Katie, Jenny and I went and sat at the teppan tables (where they cook in front of you) and it was so good. We then ventured to Dairy Queen to stuff an ice cream cone into our beyond full bellies. We missed Alisa at dinner bc we planned on such short notice but we had a lot of fun and plenty of good laughs. I don't know what was wrong with me but I was laughing like a baphoon, which is not how I normally laugh....it was very weird. Tanna don't hate me for this picture, it was the only one I had and you look beautiful!
Here is why I love my Tanna Banana:
1. Her name starts with a T along with all 5 of her sisters ( it took me years to learn them all)
2. She is the youngest like me so we get eachother
3. She is the sweetest wife and mother and loves her family more than life itself
4. She doesn't like ice cream but she'll eat it with me and Katie because she knows we like it
5. She likes watching all the dumb shows on tv that I do, (if only we could sit child free in front of a cable tv)
6. She is a cowgirl at heart
7. My parents claim her as their "other " daughter
8. She still rocks out to the classic songs that we used to listen to before we were married, bringing me back to the day.
9. Before we got married she was always down for whatever, a trip to Cali., camping, snowboarding or just getting out of town.
10. She always took an hour blowdrying her hair and then had us iron it with a real iron! Ya, we had no idea about flat irons back then.
11. I can not talk to her for month or whatever, pick up the phone and pick up where we left off.
12. She has always been there for me through thick and thin.
13. I know I will be friends with her until the end of time!
I love you girl, thanks for always being such an awesome friend.
10 comments:
Just got all caught up on the blog... glad your back! I love the new background! You have been a busy girl. I feel like Lucas looks way different and is so much older. In the couple months you didn't post... he GREW up!
I loved your ode to Tanna, and you are not the worst friend ever, you are the best friend ever! You have always been so loyal to all your friends, since day one. And the one thing I can say is after all these many years you are not only one of my best friends, but one of my best examples. Love you!
WOOHOO your back on the blog! Thanks for your comments, honestly you are going to be blown away tonight!
Is she grabbing your booby?
I hope her boobs aren't in her neck. lol. very observant though, sister.
so glad amber is back to blogging!
Yeah! I love all the new updates! I like the yellow background!
Call Me!
Glad to see you are up & working again, finally!
Happy Birthday T-ray....we did have a good time. And you know I ate the left overs for lunch (okay, post breakfast snack) & they were yummy! Thanks for making me laugh so hard I cried with your crazy laugh...whos birthday is next???
Tanna is my Mom's other daughter/my other sister too. Love Tanna Banana, Happy Birthday to you!
sup amber, how you doin'? Holy ton-o-pictures batman! Welcome back to blogworld. That picture of Lucas holding a present in each hand looks just like Russell. Poor kid. just kidding. Tell your hot hubby I said what's up.
Precious photes and fun memories! Tell Miss Tanna I say hello I haven't seen her in a decade :) So excited for your new babes Amber. Hope to see you soon!
Jack
Happy Birthday Tanna!! Sorry I am so late!! I am so out of the loop sometimes. And I remember the good ol days when we ironed Tanna's hair! I hated doing it by the way!
Post a Comment