Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Couple of things....

Today the very thing that Russell and I knew would happen but hoped it wouldn't, did. Lucas and Maggie sit at the counter barstools to eat and when he gets done he stands up and waits for us to get him down. We are always telling him to sit down b/c he's gonna fall and today it happened. Russell had his back to him so he didn't see he was standing up and I was in the other room but when I heard the stool fall and then Lucas crying I knew exactly what happened. So he now has a golfball sized goose-egg on his head with a scratch where he hit the grout line in the tile. For the next week or two I get to tell everyone what happened to him when they see his head wound! Poor kid...he's a trooper.

Doesn't look so bad from the front

Yikes!! He won't let me keep a cold compress on it so the swelling won't go down



Last night my kids were running around driving me crazy. It was the worst time of day for kids and parents which is between 4-6o'clock. Lucas hadn't had a nap for whatever reason so finally at 7:15 I walked out to the couch to find them both fast asleep! Yahooo!!! Too bad Maggie woke up at like 9:30 and stayed awake until 10:30 but I was grateful for the quiet time!





Someone requested a picture of my belly of which I will never show bare because of it's holy whiteness and lovely stretch marks but here is my gargantuan belly at 6months

No I'm not having twins....just one BIG baby!

Nice how my belly looks square in this picture, thanks to my maternity pants that cut me right in the middle! It's interesting how the 3rd pregnancy just sticks out there so much sooner than before....what can a girl do?

21 comments:

SUMMER said...

You look SOOOO cute with your belly! And poor Lucas... that is one BIG goose egg! I always get so nervous when they fall and bump their heads but I guess 99% of the time, they are OK! He still looks adorable and that pic of him sleeping sitting up on the couch is too sweet!

Flaherty Fam said...

You are so CUTE pregnant. I love pregant bellies. Poor Lucas! I swear little boys always have some kind of bump or bruise on them. Hopefully, the swelling will go down soon.

Jensen Family said...

ah ha! i found you! ok so how come i didn't know you were preggers?! what the heck?! thats so exciting!!! if you need anything let me know!!!

Unknown said...

be grateful that only your belly grows and not your whole body....like mine. i'm huge amber! you will see very soon! poor lucas...he's so dang cute even with a golfball on his head!

Shannon said...

Oh poor Lucas I hate that when you know it will eventually happen. It happens to all parents...so no worries, Im glad he is ok. You look fabulous by the way!

Heather said...

I love your belly! Mine is just chubs right now. Where does it come from?!! We have bar stools too that Jonah insists on sitting upon. I know the anxiety. Poor Lucas!

You look great! I miss seeing you each week!

the DeCampos Family said...

You look so beautiful. When I saw you at the mall I couldn't even tell that you were pregnant, no joke. I hope I look semi like you when I have my third!!

Riley and Brooke Nelson said...

Thanks for the belly pic I love it! You are so cute! You look GREAT!

Jen Beals said...

poor baby, that looks so painful. and your belly looks great, gotta love those maternity pants!

Jeff & Jacki Sharp said...

Poor doobie! Lucas is so cute and Maggie is a total doll. Amber you are so stinkin' cute with your little pregnant tummy. I miss you! We need to go to lunch SOON. I haven't seen you forever.

shell said...

wait till it's your 4th pregnancy. it's even worse. you have a belly like the day you concieve. i had a dream you colored my hair gray and cut it all off shaggy style and i hated it and i cried and jason wouldn't talk to me. and i was so mad and you wouldn't fix it. that better not happen!!! ha ha

Lynsey said...

You look so cute prego, love the belly!! Poor Lucas, he's still adorable even with a goose egg!!

the cummard family said...

shell-you have some crazy dreams when youre prego! although i do agree w/ the 4th comment. i was in maternity clothes pretty much the day i took the test.

amber you look ADORABLE-always. you don't look abnormally big at all.

that is so sad about lucas....conway did the same thing today at lunch. except he was leaning backwards and the stool and him tipped. he had a nice bump on the back of his head as well. lesson learned....i think not.

kemptons said...

OUCH... Just wait till gravity sets in and he has two cute little black eyes!
You are the most adorable pregnant lady ever. Seriously you look really cute.
And by the way I noticed that I am no longer one of "your peeps" anymore. What's up with that!

Malia said...

Amber you look so cute being pregnant! I'm so happy that your blog is up and running again because you were always so good at updating!

The Parkers said...

That is a big egg on his head! I hope he is doing good! You look great too! That is a great picture of you!

Melody B. said...

what is it with the goose eggs lately...HOLY COW that's a DOOZY!!! From the front I thought, "meh, not so bad," but then the next pic had me throwing up in my mouth a little!:) Goose eggs are the ONE thing that make me sick! My kit Kate just had one too from her sister hitting her upside her head (by accident) with a metal bat! YIKES!

Melody B. said...

what is it with the goose eggs lately...HOLY COW that's a DOOZY!!! From the front I thought, "meh, not so bad," but then the next pic had me throwing up in my mouth a little!:) Goose eggs are the ONE thing that make me sick! My kit Kate just had one too from her sister hitting her upside her head (by accident) with a metal bat! YIKES!

The Haslam Family said...

Lucas still looks so cute even with his bump on his head. I love watching Maggie in primary her and Natalie are so cut together BFF them two. They are in Jills class they sit right in front of us. Never a dull moment. By the way you dont look like your having twins. I know you just feel that way though. Your cute!!!!

Cam and Mele said...

I love your sweet belly!! You're always a cute prego!!

Julie Jan said...

Amber you look so great!! You hardly look 6 months prego!

Poor Lucas!! That is quite the knot!! Hope he is feeling better!