Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Memorial Day

I love holidays like Memorial Day...no work, no school, no gifts to buy, just good food and good company. The weather has been unbelievable this week and so Russell was able to work outside for a few hours and then Maggie went with my mom to my sisters house for a lunch b-bque for a few hours which meant quiet time for me. Russells parents had a dinner b-bque at their house later that evening and it was the first time I got out of the house since bringing Violet home. I didn't take her with us because I'm just not ready for her to be out and about yet so Grandma Buckmister stayed home with her. It was fun to have the kids play with their cousins for a couple hours and run all their energy out!


Russell has been loving the fruits of his parents labor...her he is getting some fresh onions out of the garden for his shrimp kabobs.

He loves their garden and hopefully we can start one in our own backyard!


Clay and Krew chillin' with their drinks

Doesn't it look like Maggie is having a great time? I have no idea what she was doing.

Grandpa and Grandma Kennedy, the folks who make it all happen!


The kids had such a great time, we are so grateful for cousins we love!

I had to put a few pics of Violet on here. I can't get enough of this little girl!


I can't believe I caught a picture of her smiling with her eyes open!

14 comments:

shell said...

violet is so cute. the last picture is so wonderful. i had a dream i was yelling at you for not doing my hair for some crazy event. so sorry.

Jen Beals said...

She is such a doll, congratulations!

Flaherty Fam said...

Your in-laws seriously have the coolest place. I am working on convincing my padres about getting that big swing set. Violet is such a cutie.

Jensen Family said...

hey i think your dad might have been my counselor in my singles ward a few years back? we had FHE there all the time! am i right? or thinking of another kennedy??!

Brooke said...

i love the picture of her smiling. she is starting so young...good job violet!

Katie Peterson said...

Violet is SOO STINKIN CUTE!! I am impressed you got her smiling...just because I know how HARD that is...ecsp with her being so young!! And you go girl...already up & about!! Me-I am hibernating!

Melody B. said...

Loving the name "Violet". Cracking up at the boys on the spring horses just chattin' it up. At first I thought you guys had gone to a park...but then I remembered that is their BACKYARD!!!!

P.S. How's baby sleepin'?

the cummard family said...

thank goodness for g&h! and i can't take that violet...she is such a doll.

Shannon said...

Your daughter is beautiful Amber. Congrats to you guys!! Love the name too soo cute.

Suzy Cummard said...

AHH AMBER- I love her. She is so stinkin cute! In some pics I think she looks just like Maggie..?? Does she?
CONGRATS!! ZWhat a cute family! We need a get together when you & Katie are ready!

Hansen Fam said...

I love Memorial Day! Violet is so stinking cute in those last pictures. I need to come over and play sometime when you are up for visitors.

SUMMER said...

OH Amber... it has been a few weeks since I had checked in on you and look what happened... you went from a family of 4 to 5!!! Violet is SO darling and I LOVE LOVE LOVE that name!!! Congrats... I am so glad that she is here, healthy and doing well!!!

kemptons said...

Looks like a fun Memorial Day! I am jealous of the garden. I would give anything to be able to grow a garden. Maybe someday... Glad you added pictures of your cute baby girl. She is so adorable!

Lynsey said...

Congrats on your new little bundle of Joy, she's beautiful!!