Wednesday, May 14, 2008

She's Here!

Our baby girl finally came after a long, boring day of waiting but a quick and painless delivery! Everything went smooth with the labor and delivery and I was completely shocked that I actually had a 10 min. delivery to an 8lb. 9oz baby girl, 20 inches which is definately our smallest and shortest baby. She is so precious but unfortunately she is in the special care nursery because she didn't get all the fluid out of her lungs and so she's being monitored for that and her breathing is a little fast. I can't wait to hold her again and take her home!

You can tell by this picture that the delivery went smooth by the looks on our faces, relaxed and happy she's here!

Violet Lucille Kennedy, born at 9:06pm weighing 8lbs. 9oz. and 20in long. She keeps going back and forth looking like Lucas and Maggie. She is a beauty!

She was super mellow after being born, not much of a crier, yet.

I love this picture of her because it looks like she was smiling

This was in the morning before it all went down!

27 comments:

The Parkers said...

She is adorable and I love the name! Congratulations...glad it all went smoothly!

Gardner said...

Congratulations! She is so adorable! And I love the name, we are so happy for you guys!

Riley and Brooke Nelson said...

CONGRATULATIONS!
She is a doll!

Miller Family said...

She already looks like she will be beautiful like her sister and mother :) Congrats Amber and family! (Got to your blog from Amber and Chad's blog - hope you don't mind)

Heather said...

Yeah! Congratulations Amber, she's adorable! Seriously, thank goodness for modern medicine. Sometimes we don't know just how blessed we are. I'm so glad things went so smoothly. Phew! Congrats!

Brooke said...

yeah amber! she's beautiful and i love her name! i'm glad she's finally out of your belly....man it feels good to get back to normal! congratulations!

Tami said...

Congratulations on your new baby. We are so excited for you and your family. Take care and enjoy the moment.

SouthernAZ WOLFINGTON said...

are you blogging from the hospital? That is so awesome if you are. I think I remember you telling me that you were going to. lol.

Violet! Liz and I love the name and she is a gorgeous baby. Well done.

Shelbi Whittaker said...

Amber, congrats on your baby girl! She is so cute!! I LOVE the name!!! I hope you get to take her home soon!!!

shell said...

she is so cute. she does look just like maggie and then just like lucas. weird!! i am glad things went well and I am totally jealous. 8 1/2 more weeks for me!!!

Kim said...

What a doll baby! I love those cheeks! Glad it's over for you (well...really just getting started Ha!)Congrats to you and Russell.

the cummard family said...

congrats....again. she is perfect. hope everything is well, and the hospital food is great!

Flaherty Fam said...

Congrats...she is adorable. I love her cute little lips. I am so glad everything went well. You look amazing for just giving birth.

Dawn Davis said...

Congratulations Amber!! She's so cute! I love the name too, yay for babies!

Kim said...

Congratulations! Violet is beautiful. I love the picture of her "smiling" - totally adorable.

MichelleY said...

Congratulations!! Hope you and Violet get to go home soon - she is too cute!

Jensen Family said...

congrats!! i'm glad to hear everything went smooth and painless! and congrats on the smallest baby yet! i know how we like to have these big babies! well get lots of rest! and i hope lil violet gets better real soon!

Megan said...

Congrats!!

rachael marie said...

Congrats!!! She is so adorable!!!

kemptons said...

Congratulations! She is beautiful and I love her name. I hope you get to take her home soon.

chris+amber said...

YAY! Congrats, Amber! She is a little beaut. Very cute name...so feminine. I love it! Hope you're feeling good!

Lyndsie said...

yay!! congratulations to you & your cute little family! she is soooo perfect & sweet...i hope things continue to go well & that you get to take her home real soon! :) you look amazing by the way!! :)

Melody B. said...

Congratulations to you! I can't believe you've already posted...a TRUE blogger!:P She is a cutie pie and DOES look like your other two! LOVE the first pic where Russ is looking at you with admiration in his eyes...YEP that's what it is!:)

The Haslam Family said...

She looks so sweet. That is so exciting. I love the name. Hope you get well quickly. You've got your hands full. Congrats

Nona said...

From
Aki. (using Nona's computer) I love her! She is adorable! She is a doll. Hope she gets better soon.

Kenyon said...

CONGRATS!!! I am so happy for you guys that everything went so well. She is beautiful and I love the name.

Smith Crew said...

She's here?! OH MY GOSH! Congrats :) She looks just like Maggie to me-- no joke!