Sunday, March 20, 2011

A Birthday to remember

It's the last year of my twenties and they sure have been good to me. I finished school, got married,got a dog, had 4 beautiful children, bought our own home, gave said dog to Russell's parents, moved to Reno and loved, loved, loved every minute of it. I think after this year I will feel ready and excited to be 30!
Russell totally spoiled me on my birthday. His parents flew up here to watch our kids so we could come and go as we please and have such a fabulous day. I really felt like a princess! He picked me up so we could go to lunch and then dropped me off at the salon to get a cut and color and a manicure. It was pure bliss. After the salon we went and ate some sushi before we headed home to celebrate with the family.

I thought I was getting a nice picture of us... until I realized why Russell was laughing so hard. Nice. Linds, does that not look exactly like a face Keith would make?


I came home to such a nice surprise. My wonderful mom-in-law had made the most delicious chocolate cupcakes and there was posters and presents wrapped and decorated by the kids. I wouldn't have it any other way.


They sang Happy Birthday and we enjoyed the rest of the night.


My mom reminded me when she was here, how much I love the rainbow chip, chip's ahoy cookies. Russell thought it would be fun to wrap them.

When I ripped my present open and shrieked with delight, it scared the daylights out of Royal. He's on a scardy-cat kick right now, just about anything including the blowing wind will make the kid cry.

I've been salivating over the Shark vac-steamer and I love it. So easy to use and finally an easier way to keep these floors clean! Thank you Russell and Mom and Dad for making this birthday one to remember. I felt so special and loved!

5 comments:

Jaren said...

Can you believe we're going to be turning 30 next year?! I still feel so young! Well it sounds like you had a great day...glad to hear it!

Vanessa said...

Sorry..i was logged in under Jaren! Just in case you were wondering... :)

Glamma said...

Amber great pictures! I love the first one, I have never seen such a huge grin on Russell's face...could it be because it was taken in front of several if not all different brands of lager??? Ha ha... he has a great smile.. I am so glad your birthday was so much fun and that Russell's parents could be there to share it with you. I am so proud to call you my daughter, words can't even come close to telling you how much you mean to me. You are a wonderful Mother, so loved by your family, adored by your husband, cherished by your friends. You are funny, beautiful, kind and loving to everyone. I have counted some of my most treasured moments in my life, ones I have shared with you. Your children are like my own, and I love them as much as my own. I feel so richly blessed to have you in my life. It has been torture to have you so far away, but the times I have been able to visit have been some the best times of my life. I love Reno too, but only because your there! You make everything better. I count the days until you are here again. I love you my sweet Cissie!

SouthernAZ WOLFINGTON said...

Yeah, sweet picture post.
I agree that Russell's big grin in that first picture is very suspicious.
plus I just deleted an incriminating comment. your welcome russ.

out numbered said...

Amber, you are beautiful! I love your hair, it is so long. Your kids are darling. You look so happy. What a great 29 years you have had. I just turned 30, it is kind of crazy to think about. It seems like we were just playing night games in our street or dancing on your little brick step at your house. Fun memories. Happy late birthday!