It was exciting when our first kid turned 5...you thought it would never happen but at the same time it seemed the day would never come. For some reason I didn't expect Lucas to grow up so fast. He turned the big 5 on March 7th and had his first "friend" party. We started the day off at IHOP per request of the birthday boy.
Don't you love the bed head...we rushed out early that morning...
It was a very stressful day for me with the snow storm we had. I was so worried I would have to cancel the party but lo and behold the storm passed our house and it was a perfect day!
It was "Hotwheel"-tastic.
Later that day after some fun at Chucky Cheese we had him open his card from Grandma and Grandpa Kennedy and presents from us.
It was a long day but I think it was the best birthday so far. He is one loved boy. Speaking of love, some things that we are loving about Lucas right now are: his sarcastic nature, his love for anything boy, his helpfulness around the house, his love for fishing with his dad, his obedient nature when there is a sticker chart involved, his love for preschool and all things about it, his blatant honesty (well, maybe we don't love that but it is pretty funny), and his sweet remarks to me that show me how much he loves his mama! Lucas is such a wonderful boy and we love him to pieces!!!














1 comment:
I'm so glad Lucas's party was a hit, I wish I could have stayed there for it! It looks like he had a blast, and that he is in hot wheels heaven for awhile. Everything you said about Lucas is so true. As I have said before, he will make some woman very happy one day because I have never met such a complimentary person...he notices everything and doesn't hesitate to share his admiration! I love his smile and everything about him. Happy Birthday Lucas!
Post a Comment