This was only the beginning. Two weeks ago after enjoying the most beautiful weather, park days, playing outside without a jacket, driving my suburban and all that other wonderful nonsense, we were hit with snow and hit hard. These pictures were only from the first storm and I thought it wasn't so bad. After multiple late starts(that's when school starts 2hrs later than usual so all the roads can get cleared for all you warm weather friends) and a couple of snow days(when they cancel school altogether) I'd had enough! I thought I knew what I was getting into living on the base of a mountain in the "forest" as my kids would say, but I had no idea we would still have 2ft of snow in our backyard 2weeks later.
That pile that he's standing next to eventually got up to 6ft tall granted that was our snow pile from the blower but still...6ft? Are you kidding me?
I call her "the beast" and I have to drive her when it snows because my suburban doesn't have 4wheel drive. People don't understand why the suburban doesnt' have 4 wheel drive and they look at me like I'm the craziest person they've seen or the dumbest. After I tell them we're from Az then it all starts making sense. Don't get me wrong, I like the beast but she doesn't always come through for me and I want to kill her when I'm stuck on the road in ice and the beast doesn't want to go into 4 wheel drive for some reason beyond my knowledge. Now I drive her everyday because I don't have my new tags....long, long story.
P.S. We had a 60 degree day today and it was almost magical, I didn't wear a jacket all day. Did I mention I can't wait to get back to that Arizona sun?





5 comments:
I loved your siloquey about the "Beast". I understand it. And I feel your pain about the 4 wheel drive thing... I have actually seen your pain, and frustration with it. May you never have to drive her again in the snow.
WOW that is a lot of snow. I also can't wait to get back to warmer weather. I never thought i would hear the day Clinton said "its a nice today, its 40 outside!!) We miss you all and can't wait to see you this HOT summer!
Holy mackerel girl! I hate snow and that sure is a lot of it. Sorry to say, but I don't envy you in the least and love that I live in warm weather land.
I say enjoy it while you can. Soon you'll be back to boring 'ol sunshine every day, all day... forever; in AZ. Snow is rad!
I feel your pain.. been there, done that about a gazillion times. And I'm very familiar with late starts. The sad thing is, the worst storms are always in March and April.. which is why we call it "Spring Time in the Rockies" It will melt though, and you'll wonder somewhere in the recess' of your mind if it was ever cold and snowy!!
Post a Comment