Monday, February 8, 2010

Aaaand.... we're back

Finally made myself post some new pictures. It's February 8th and yes, I'm just posting Christmas pics. So sue me.

We made our trip to AZ for Christmas a 2 day event (which I don't think we'll do again) and the day after we got there was our 7th anniversary (woot! woot!). Russell gave me my present early...


yes, I can finally listen to my i-pod in the car! Perfect for the trip, maybe not so much for Russell's ears seeing how every song on there is totally girly.

The kids did great as usual, Violet went with Grandma Cathie on the plane the day before we left so it was kind of nice to just have the 2.


This was our "kid friendly" hotel room we stayed in during our night on the road. Maggie and Lucas were in heaven and they had their own t.v. which was kind of cool. Too bad the jacuzzi was set at like 106 degrees. Russell and the kids were lobsters when they got out but we enjoyed our little overnight.



I surprised Russell with dinner at City Hall Restaurant in Scottsdale and it didn't let us down. Sooo good. The pretzel bread sticks are worth the trip and the dough you fork over for your meal.

I told them on the phone that we were coming in to celebrate our anniversary and they gave us this most delectable chocolate cake with raspberries for dessert.....the fanciest dessert I've ever had and worth every bite.



We also celebrated Grandma Helen's birthday right before Christmas and we got new family pictures. We had to celebrate at Joe's B-bque afterward and I managed to catch a few of the family members for a quick pick.

It was so fun to see Beth and Jimmy and little Boyce....I could have kidnapped that little chunk.

The beautiful Birthday Girl!!!! Aren't they the cutest couple? Seriously.

Awwww, how sweet.



Maggie missed her school Christmas party because we were traveling home for the holidays and so I planned a Polar Express Party for her little girlfriends in our old ward and her favorite cousin Cade. (we had to have the boys for Lucas and he couldn't wait to see Cole.)
Christmas Eve eve is always a favorite. Good food, company and white elephant, what could be better?

Heidi

Charlon(I always get a kick out of the camera on camera pics)

Go Lucas! Thanks for smiling so big!

No that's not my long lost sister, Brandon just has awesome hair.


I'm only sitting on Santa's lap because he's my hubby....otherwise the hand on the belly might have been a little awkward.

Christmas Eve pajama's! They were in heaven. Not sure if Maggie kept her eye thing on all night.

Lucas was excited....I think.

Christmas morning was filled with all things wonderful and was possibly everything the kids hearts desired.




She couldn't believe Santa remembered to get her roller skates!


The only thing Lucas wanted was his speed track which now is sitting up in my closet (aka "moms store") because he didn't want to put it away after mom asking him to like 10 times. When I put it up there his response: "it's okay mom, I don't want it anymore...you and dad can play with it."
ya. that's my son.

I'm pretty sure Brandon should teach skate lessons. I've never seen someone be so calm and make so much sense when trying to teach a 5yr old how to roller skate.


In more recent events, Maggie has lost both of her bottom teeth and was thrilled to get $1.25 from the tooth fairy. (What the heck? I only got 25 cents when I was a kid!)





Russell celebrated his 31st birthday in January and we made it a 3 day event. Does anyone else's husbands like to extend their birthday to at least a week too?


Yes his cake was homemade, 2 layers of yellow cake with a chocolate moose filling and chocolate frosting. It was divine.



oops, wrong picture. Maggie had to pose with her new silver shoes that Grandma Buckmister sent in the mail.


When I went down to az for my dental work I picked up Lucas' long lost Mack truck and trailer that he got for Christmas. He was so happy for the reunion and I'm pretty sure he plays with it everyday.



I couldn't remember why I took this picture....then while studying it realized the reason we jokingly call Violet "Tina" (short for 2-ton Tina because she eats a ton) is because in this picture she had already eaten all her dinner and then moved chairs and onto Lucas' leftovers. Hence the chubby cheeks.


We had maybe one day of sunshine and "warm" weather last week and to the kids wanted to go out and play. Violet made it all the way up the hill out back and couldn't get back down on her own so I sent Lucas to the rescue and he held her hand all the way down. It was too sweet a moment to pass up without taking a pic.






























6 comments:

the cummard family said...

i'm sad we didn't hang over the holidays. when is your next visit to az? maybe we'll be there at the same time. i think of you every time i drive on the freeway and see the sign RENO ;)

Jensen Family said...

ok that is just lots of fun you just posted! that kid friendly hotel.. how cool was that?? and you look super cute and i especially enjoyed the santa picture before i read it was your husband hahaha!

Glamma said...

Thanks for posting the pics Amber, I loved seeing every one of them! Maggs silver shoes look gorgeous of course!

SouthernAZ WOLFINGTON said...

1st - nice to know you guys are still alive.

2nd - Holy hair band Brandon! "long lost sister" ha ha. My eyes bugged out when I realized that was him.

3rd - Tell Rew-sal Happy B-day for me.

4th - Your kids are friggin' cute. "Two ton tina". You're funny dude!

5th - you need to hit the 'delete' button on your keyboard at the end of your posts so you don't get all that dead space. Rookie!

Anonymous said...

How fun! Super cute pics! Happy Birthday, merry christmas and Happy tooth fairy day! :) Your kiddos are adorable!

Bridgette said...

Amber, good thing you explained the hand on your belly I was wondering when I saw that. Hey Russell makes a good santa I couldn't tell until you said. I enjoy looking at your blog and keeping up on your family!
Love, Aunt Pauline