So Valentine's Day isn't the biggest deal around our house. Just a good excuse to eat lots of sugar and buy yummy candy. Now that we have kids I like to get them a little something to show them that Mom and Dad are grateful for them. Russell and I like to go out on a date if we can find a babysitter and the crowds aren't out of control. This year Russell asked me what I wanted and I gave the cheesy answer, "flowers and chocolate!" I wasn't sure if he'd actually do it. We both agree that flowers are pretty but they are a big fat waste of money since they die within 5 days. Sunday morning he brings out this beauty....

A house plant! I was thrilled. This is only the 2
nd one I've had in 7 years of marriage(I killed the first one of course). He told me this would last a lot longer and it gives the house some life. I agree.
The best part entirely was the cards.....


In case you can't read his chicken scratch it reads: "Sorry I didn't get your flowers and chocolate"


("you know, from the pregnancy") and no I'm not feeling bad. Just fat and it takes me a little longer to get off the couch or up from the floor.
I died laughing. This is why I love my Russell so much. Hope everyone had a fabulous Valentine's Day.
4 comments:
THAT IS HILLARIOUS! thank you, for making me laugh this morning! v-day isn't a big deal around here either. over-rated holiday. an excuse to go out to dinner and make yummy treats :)
and i just made parker look and read and he was busting up. dang it russell! we miss you guys!
AWE-some. See, isn't that better than flowers & chocolate?
Ok, those cards were hilarious. What a funny hubby you have.
Post a Comment