This last week was so beautiful. It made me miss my AZ sun. Gloomy winter days are so boring and make me feel grumpy but this week was sunny and warm. We're talking
temperatures in the 50's warm. I finally made it outside with the kids and we had a picnic at the park which was fabulous. They had so much fun running, rolling, skipping and doing
somersaults down the grassy hills and playing on the slides. It made me think of Spring which is hopefully around the corner, and of summer which will entail a new baby, camping trips and warm weather.......







Oh wait, did I mention we woke up to this "wonderland" today?

(it's not really that gloomy, these are black and white.)
One of the things I do like about the snow is the way it looks in the trees
and the fact that we got 3 different phone calls this morning telling us church was cancelled.
We took it upon ourselves to enjoy a family activity of playing in the snow and I had to get a picture of my Russell in his skibbies. He wasn't too thrilled but how cute is he? He suggested maybe he should wear "tights" more often and I agreed.....(though not really cuz who does that?)

So we are enjoying our Sunday afternoon with the smell of spiced pork shoulder in the crock pot awaiting the shredded
loveliness that will make our pork burritos in a couple of hours...then followed by some sort of cookie making. Yummy. I love Sunday.

Pioneer woman never ceases to amaze me.
1 comment:
How fun! Your kids are so adorable. We got a little "cold" weather too! I'm glad though. I thought winter was over and was kinda dreading the heat coming!
Post a Comment