Thursday, October 29, 2009

Family Time

I always knew that I should be spending more time doing fun stuff with my kids rather than cleaning or watching the latest recorded show from the DVR. Sometimes I feel like I get so easily frustrated with my kids for the smallest thing and I feel so bad when I'm a grumpy mom so this week I decided to try to find fun stuff the kids and I could do together or as a family and it makes a world of difference! I think happy days were had by all this week. We carved pumpkins, made calzones together (which were delicious thanks to my brother Aaron for the dough recipe), we went to the corn maze and Maggie wanted to help with just about anything I was doing, laundry and all!

I hadn't carved a pumpkin in years so this was a really fun thing to do with the kids




Violet girl is happy as long as she can be on the table or counter to see all the action











Of course Lucas loved the goo!
This next series of pictures is kind of funny, I wanted Maggie and Lucas to smile with their pumpkins and for some reason, maybe because the lights were out, I don't know but I could not get them to look at me and smile. Their faces are classic.



You can see the fear in her eyes!

Oh well, guess it makes for a great Halloween picture



The other night Maggie came running upstairs to let us know that it was snowing. What? We had no idea but it was snowing pretty good! So fun and for some reason Russell always wants me to go outside to take a picture. You can't really tell but it stuck and stayed until the next morning!




I can't wait to wake up to a winter wonderland!










6 comments:

Ball Family said...

Great pics! It's great when your kids get to an age when you can do fun things with them. I can't wait to see more winter wonderland pics too! Seems like you guys are doing good in Reno.

Miller Family said...

Love the pictures. Your pumpkins look awesome. Oh and I can't believe it is snowing there! Crazy to think while we just had 100 degree weather just two weeks ago. We miss you guys.

Glamma said...

thanks for posting the most recent pics so quickly! I loved seeing their sheer joy gutting and carving their pumpkins, and the "scarry" faces, so classic! good job Mom! Grandma Lucy has three feet of snow at her house! Luckeee!

Glamma said...

sheesh, do I have enough exclamation points in that last post I wonder?!!!????

Heather said...

Boy, oh boy! That's got to be exciting! I'm sure the kids were freaking out. And how cute are those punkins?

(I know I misspelled it. It used to bother me that my Dad called pumpkins, punkins, but now I do it. Go figure.)

Have a Happy Halloween. Wish you were here. Our party is tonight. :(

iamegyptian2100 said...



فني تركيب اثاث ايكيا بالرياض
فني ستائر بالرياض
فني ايكيا بالرياض
نجار بالرياض
فني تركيب ستلايت بالرياض
فني تركيب دش
شركة تركيب اثاث ايكيا بالرياض
شركة شحن من الرياض الى الامارات
شركة تركيب اثاث ايكيا بالرياض
شركة تركيب شبك حمام بالرياض