Sunday, October 4, 2009

As of Lately...

Am I the only one who's house looks like this on Sundays?



The summers up here in Reno are pretty nice. The last 3 weekends there has been a fun event going on in the city and last weekend was Street Vibrations. A plethora of Harley riders and their "gangs" (like a bike gang, not a dangerous one) come to town and there is a bunch of different events, vendors and entertainment for the city folk like us and riders alike. Some if not most of it isn't for the whole family so we decided to take the kids up to Virgina City to see all the bikes. Lucas LOVES motorcycles.

coming into town in Virgina City the streets are lined with bikes




Maggie and Lucas weren't too fond of the loud noise but I thought it was cool!








Some random dude, pretty cool bike.



Next on the list of things as of lately is that Russell got a new chain saw and I've never seen someone so proud and excited, you'd think he just had another baby.(not that he's ever actually had a baby, you know what I mean) Our heater runs on oil and it would cost us and arm and a leg to heat this house on that alone all winter so Russell had to go chop some wood for our stock pile. He had so much fun doing it this weekend. I love my mountain man.








Only the beginning. He still has a few more loads to go get.


He had gone up to the mountains and sawed the logs into 5ft logs then he brought them home, sawed them smaller and then chopped them up like Paul Bunon

Proud Father...er, owner of a new Stihl chainsaw. Don't worry, he spent who knows how many hours thinking and planning and thinking and talking about what kind to buy, where to get it, how long it would last him, would it be worth it, what brand to finally end up spending more to get the one he wanted and he is so happy!







So last night it snowed at our house! It wasn't cold enough to really stick or last long before melting but it was so fun!

I know I sent her out for the picture without shoes on...so sue me.

Lucas was more prepared with his boots on.





Today we had a high of 50 maybe and it snowed off and on all day. It melted right away but we decided to take the kids up the mountain to see the snow between sessions and it was beautiful! I can't wait for the winter, I thought I was going to hate it but when you have a warm fire going and snow falling down outside, it is magical!




Yikes, it was freezing!






Lake Tahoe, it is so amazing. The picture cannot do it justice...the size of it and the elevation is so cool to see.



We pulled off into a rest stop area so the kids could play in the snow for a bit.
































6 comments:

Glamma said...

Oh my gosh I love it! I can't wait to see you TOMORROW!!! Yay!

The Tyler's said...

Snow!!! I can't believe you have snow already. That's crazy. So fun for the kids.
And yes...our house is always disaster after a long Sunday afternoon!

SouthernAZ WOLFINGTON said...

See... that's why Russell and I mesh so well --> logging and motorcycles. There is something so rewarding in 'processing' timber. Definitley a primal male activity.

Miller Family said...

So I say this as someone never living outside of Arizona but I am so jealous that you live in a place with real seasons and a real winter! It looks SO gorgeous

Christina Eve Lewis said...

Wow, your kids are so cute! I cannot believe you have three of them! Awesome!!...I guess I need to get a move on things!

Gardner said...

My house looks like that EVERY Sunday! I can't believe you have snow! We miss you guys but we're glad you are having fun!