Monday, May 11, 2009

Mothers Day Bliss

Ahh, Mothers Day. It's one of my favorite days of the year. I have to say I was extremely spoiled this year by my sweet husband and I LOVED every minute of it. Some people who frequently come into our home may have at times smelled the aroma of our old vacuum, the Kerby. Now this was probably the most unpleasant smell anyone could imagine could come from a vacuum. It was a musky, dog, pee, throw-up kind of smell...isn't that precious? So after many years of drooling over the Dyson vacs, Russell surprised me with one and I was beyond thrilled, elated, excited, shocked and reminded of why Russell rocks the house.

Notice the older, giant, ridiculously heavy Kirby, and the new and improved, very small, quiet, light-weight Dyson Ball. Isn't she pretty?

You know you've really hit motherhood/homemaker when you're so stoked to get a new vacuum!
The rest of Mothers Day was amazing, it consisted of: sleeping in, waking to homemade buckwheat waffles and bacon, a clean kitchen, a card with sweet words from my man, a gift card to Target, being on time to church, not having to change or really deal with the kids, a good lunch/dinner, a cute necklace from my mama, good dessert and a backrub! Who could ask for more? Aside from all the holiday stuff and bragging about my wonderful spouse, I really am so grateful to have been blessed to have had 3 almost perfect pregnancies, and 3 healthy children who I love and adore. Sure motherhood is hard and exhausting at times but I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world and I love my kids very much. I'm so lucky to have such a great companionship with Russell because he makes it easy to do my job. Thanks again honey and I hope all the women out there had an awesome day!

4 comments:

Cam and Mele said...

you were spoiled!!! And I don't doubt you deserved every bit of it! Can I come over and vacum just so I can bask in the moment of using a dyson? Thanks.
Oh and yes you will notice Phoeb's with the bink in every pic. Sorry! Lazy me hadn't gone and gotten her more. You may also notice the weaning of the bink didn't last long, I figure it's better then weaning her from her finger down the road!

Diane said...

i felt the same EXACT way when i got my dyson... i love it!
(and btw... that other one is PIMP!)

Malia said...

So jealous, I wish I had a Dyson, after using my vacumm it smells like I burned 20 tires in my family room.

You look great!

Melody B. said...

Yeah, it's true...when you are excited to get appliances...you done! It made me laugh and I always think of this video when some girl gets a new vacuum!!! Check it out, you will be rollin'! :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyduncFpzl4