Thursday, April 30, 2009

A Night Out on the Town...

So Monday we were graced by the presence of our best buds/family, Steve and Liz(sorry no pic of the lovely couple). We thought about catching a flick but nothing sounded of interest to the whole group of us, there were plenty of corny ones I wanted to see but what can you do? So we set off to ride the new light rail to downtown Phoenix. It was quite the adventure.
First of all we had a guy get on that was obviously drunk or maybe worse and he was rambling about getting on the wrong train again and then about breaking up with his girl because the police told him to....lots of explicits, yada yada yada and he was gone leaving us laughing and feeling a little sorry for the guy.
So after we got downtown Russell showed us some of the projects he worked on and we walked toward the ball park which was just letting out after a game so you can imagine the streets were packed with people. Unfortunately Phoenix doesn't really have much of a night life so we found ourselves bording the train to head back to Tempe. Don't feel too bad for us because on the way back our train was full of drunken fans from the game, some Diamondback fans, some Cubs fans...can you guess what happens when you mix alcohol, 19-22yr olds and unhappy fans that just watched their team lose? Ya, we saw a fistfight, more than one person was throwing punches, it was quite hilarious. It's very interesting to see how many people will jump into a fight for whatever reasons only known to themselves.
At the end of our interesting and entertaining ride the doors open as we arrive back at our stop and my lovely purse was stuck in the seat! I was freaking out that the doors would close and I would have to keep riding the train...alone and then have to go back yada yada yada, so Liz was like dropping things out of her bag as she was helping me get my purse unstuck. It was very scary at the time but now that I think about it does it not sound kind of lame? Oh well. Thanks Steve and Liz for a fun night on the town!

The happy couple before our night out

One happy child

Another happy child that just wanted to get his picture taken so he could look at it afterwards

One last happy child because she was going to go to Grandmas!

5 comments:

Lisa Truman said...

That is HILARIOUS! What a night for you guys!

SouthernAZ WOLFINGTON said...

I'm so, I'm so... sorry.
Freaking Yo Gabba Gabba!!

It was a dang fun night for sure. The most fun in a LONG time for us. No responsibilities, no schedules, no $$ spent (minus the train fair) and a much needed adventure!

Katie Peterson said...

We know all about the "taking pictures just to see the picture" pose! lol

I am totally laughing thinking of you getting your purse stuck....that is a good idea to ride the light rail on a date...but I'm kind of scared of the drunkies!

Flaherty Fam said...

Love the happy family pics. I still would like to try out the light rail, but your crazy night out is making me think twice.

Rachel Marie said...

I think any night with Steven and Liz would be simply fantastic! I love how much your little girl looks like you. Seriously it is unreal. I also still can't believe that she is that old. Or even that you have kids. Aren't we late for mutual or something? PS. I love that I am friends with your increasingly beautiful mother on facebook. She is a rockstar!