Monday, October 27, 2008
Prayers needed...
Some of you may have heard about the Phoenix Police Officer who was killed early Saturday morning in a fatal car accident while responding to a call. Of course this hits close to home for me and my family. Officer Shane Figueroa and his wife Melisha Pew Figueroa are both Mesa High School alumni and just had their first baby, a girl, about 3 months ago. Both Shane and Melisha come from law enforcment families with both of their fathers being police officers. As you may know or think, this is such a tramadic experience that I would never wish on anyone but the Lord had other plans for this family. My thoughts turn to Melisha each day as she is coping with the death of her sweet husband and trying to nurse her little baby girl. I know the Lord is aware of her circumstance and loves her and Shanes families very much. At the time of my brothers death, almost 9 yrs. ago, I never felt more love from the Savior or Heavenly Father than I have in my life. Please keep the Figueroas in your prayers this week as they are going through such heart ache, especially for Melisha and her daughter so that she can have the strength to eat and be able to nurse her baby. Time does heal our broken hearts but so does the prayers and strength of others.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
That breaks my heart to hear such news. I don't know them, but I don't think I needs to, to pray for and support them. I can't imagine that happening, it truly takes the strong to go through a trial such as this. I'm so sorry for her and their families loss. Thanks for sharing.
That's so sad. But thanks for sharing your experience, you are such a great example of faith and trusting in the Lord.
that was a really sweet post amber. thank you for reminding me to pray for others....not just my own family! i will keep melisha in my prayers!
That is so crazy...I just got my hair done by Jenny tonight & she told me about it. I will def. keep them in my prayers...my heart aches for her & her new little baby!
That is so sad. I can't imagine dealing with that kind of a loss while still trying to be a good mom. Makes you really appreciate the blessings we have to be thankful for each day.
I tagged you. Check my blog for the deets:D
Post a Comment