Monday, October 6, 2008

Oh what a feeling....

I have to post this for myself, to remember the feelings I had this weekend so if you don't want to read on, that's fine by me. I always look forward to General Conference weekend for more than one reason. We get to be uplifted by our Prophet and the sweet words of comfort and peace that are always given and also by the apostles and other leaders who by the power of the Spirit and God always know what we need to hear.
I am always touched by the beautiful music that is sung by the Mormon Tabernacle Choir and am amazed by the spirit it brings. During the second session on Saturday as I was outside pulling weeds, I would come in occasionally to see what was going on and I heard that primary choir and immediately was touched by the Spirit. I loved hearing those sweet voices and seeing their small yet growing testimonies on each of those kids faces.
I have always had a special place in my heart for Thomas S. Monson and I just love hearing his words of encouragement and love for each one of us. After the sessions on Sunday as we were driving over to meet with the family for dinner I thought to myself "how can you be part of this wonderful church and hear those sweet words of the Lord and not know that this church is true?" I felt so good knowing that I have a testimony of the Savior, Jesus Christ, and that he lives! I know that our Prophet and all of the other leaders of the church are led and guided by our Heavenly Father to help us and teach us what he would want us to know. I'm so grateful that we can turn to the scriptures for answers, comfort and guidance. I know the Plan of Salvation is real and that we will be with our families for eternity if we live faithfully in this life here on earth. At the close of each conference there is almost an empty feeling of sadness and I think that is normal to feel when you have been on such a spiritual "high". I'm so grateful for my family, my life and the blessings in it! Remember that God loves you and knows who you are and wants us to be truly happy! Find joy in every moment of everyday.

10 comments:

Ball Family said...

Thanks for sharing your testimony Amber. I have to wait until this weekend to watch Conference and then we have to go to our Stake Center to watch it. I miss being able to watch it at home and on TV, but getting dressed up for it and sitting in a chapel will be nice too. We might actually cheat a bit and watch a couple of sessions online - as I don't know if I can wait a whole week!!

Diane said...

its weird how you can watch these people talk...yet feel so strongly the things that they relate to. i cryed (i always cry) when pres. monson talked about 'missing' the things that our kids do when they grow up... i know i'm going to, i already miss some of the things they USED to do...

Flaherty Fam said...

Thanks for that post. I completely agree 100%!

shell said...

i loved conf too. little violet is so cute. can't wait to come over. i wish it was today!!!

Missy said...

Love it Amber. Thanks for sharing:) Cute, little family you have.

SUMMER said...

I LOVED Conference too! It is so nice to be spiritually fed. I need to do more of that and less of being physically fed! I tell ya... over these next three months... so much good food and treats! Violet is getting so big!

natalie and jeremy belnap said...

Hey, We are going private on our blog... so please leave me your email if you wish to be invited!

Katie Peterson said...

Amen sister!! Conference it wonderful...thanks for sharing your sweet testimony!

Riley and Brooke Nelson said...

Your kids are beautiful!

SouthernAZ WOLFINGTON said...

Amber. Wow. Thanks for sharing. Seriously.

On a lighter note and w/ a dash of lighthearted sarcasm (it's just my style ya know?)... you've got to change your font color. I think I might need lasik eye sugery after reading your post. A little contrast wouldn't kill ya would it? I realize the orange is w/ the season and all but... :-)