Friday, August 15, 2008

Summer in AZ

One of the things I love best about Arizona is the summertime in the mountains. My side of the family+my practically almost family,the Gardners, had the chance to all go camping and it was so much fun, especially during the monsoons. The rain, thunder and lightning....awesome. Lucas started out the trip by kickin his feet up and enjoying the view...a great start


Too bad his casual attitude and laxed position would only last a few short minutes. Usually he is such a great traveler but for some reason he whined and cried and fussed about everything the entire trip!!!

This is my beautiful niece Aki and Violet. She is going to be such a great babysitter!

My other beautiful girls, Hailey and Hannah

Kai=best baby ever. His mamma wasn't here on the trip just Aaron and the kids and we didn't hear one peep out of this little babe the entire time

Are you serious with that dirty face?

Russell brought his bow for some long awaited and needed practice...I think he lost 3 arrows during the midst of our trip

Nona, Aki, Caleb and Dane hiding from the rain

I wonder if his eye sight will be affected since he's looking at the wrong end...he looks happy at least

Check out his little grubby fingers, where can you let your kids practically bathe in dirt if not when your camping?

Violet doing what she does best, being the easiest baby ever

Proud papa

Good idea with the hammock Scott, it was a hit, even if the little ones couldn't get in on their own
Russell's motorcycle was the "hit of the party" you could say. I think all the kids went for a ride with their dads with the exception of Hannah who might have been a little scared since it was Scotts first time driving but he did great!

Only two seconds later would you see Lucas throw a raging fit because his turn was over



What would camping be without hacking into some lumber for good firewood?

The grandparents

I think Grandma took this picture, I love it

This picture shows just how much she looks like Maggie and Lucas equally

Craig (my pretend bro-in-law) enjoying the fire and his ramen noodle bowl

Paul Bunyan....yet he and Craig chopped a HUGE dead tree down, it was pretty awesome

We ended our trip with a visit to the fish hatchery, the kids loved feeding the fish

Another great trip to the mountains. I love Arizona so much, Heavenly Father has blessed this state with so much beauty and I'm so grateful to be able to enjoy it!

8 comments:

Ashley (Belnap) Whiting said...

Oh my goodness you guys should call us next time because we totally want to go camping with you guys and Julie and Craig! So fun, and Violet is so adorable:)

Flaherty Fam said...

What a fun trip. Brett and I keep talking about how we need to go camping more now that we have kids. Your kids look so cute.

Ball Family said...

Looks like a lot of fun. Great pics! Great memories for you and your kids.

Diane said...

those are really good pictures!! what is camping w/ out having the kids faces totally black bcz of the amount of dirt they have played in AND eaten!
cool mountains are the only thing that can fix a hot summer in AZ!

Kennedy said...

Hi Amber I changed our blog address. this is the new one
http://gekennedy.blogspot.com

I dont have your e-mail so i thought this would work great in getting it to you!

Lisa Truman said...

How fun! I love camping! We are getting ready to go up next week. The kiddos love it and it's fun to just let them be kids and get dirty! They love it! Looks like you guys had a good time. I love the first picture of Lucas!

Gardner said...

That was a REALLY fun trip! And boy did our kids get dirty! I love the 2nd pic of Lucas, too cute!

The Haslam Family said...

What a fun way to escape the nasty heat. Your kids are so cute. Looks like you guys had fun.