Wednesday, June 22, 2011

what haven't we been doing?

Wow. It's been a while since I've actually sat down and updated the blog. We are currently counting down until the move back to AZ and since school got out and we finally have some warm weather, we have been enjoying the dog days of summer. Back in May, Violet celebrated her 3rd birthday! 3 going on 13. She is quite the character. We went to McDonald's for dinner per request of the b-day gal and then celebrated at home.



She absolutely loves dressing up so this was so fun to get a new "princess" dress.


She loved all the birthday loot, what kid wouldn't? Violet was the sweetest, easiest baby I've ever known. Hardly ever cried and when she did it was a mear whimper, she was the cutest thing on the planet and then she turned one. Ever since the day of her 1st b-day she has really come into herself, her character is....very...tiring? I'm not sure I know the right word. I know that she has been given the personality she has for a reason which I'm not sure yet but I know it will benefit her life someday. She's our little pistol, doesn't like to be told what to do but does a good job bossing everyone else around. She knows what she does and doesn't want and she'll let you know. She loves fruit, especially blueberries, and oatmeal and cereal. Her favorite movie right now is Tangled and she wants her hair to be as long as Rapunzel's so she can hang it out the window. She loves to look at books and have them read to her and she actually likes to play Uno and understands all the rules. We love our Violet even though some days she makes me want to tear my hair out. She is full of life and is teaching me patience and how to be a better mom. Love you tons Violet girl!

Maggie's 1st grade class had a Mother's Day tea party and it was so fun to go to her class and spend time with her. I didn't bring my camera, duh, but she gave me flowers and a book with poems and pictures that she's been working on. I love being a Mother to my 4 little rascals...it's what I always dreamed of doing and I'm so grateful to Heavenly Father for blessing me with my children. I'm still learning but I hope I can be everything that my kids would want in a Mom.

1 comment:

Glamma said...

AHHHHH! So dang cute! That little pose she does is awesome! She really is coming into herself, huh? I can't wait to have you all home, I miss you all so much!