We try to make Father's Day special for Russell. This year was a little crazy. He wanted buckwheat pancakes for breakfast..."sure!" I said..."but you have to grind the wheat" (I have no idea how to use our ancient wheat grinder) So he did and I made the pancakes while he cooked the bacon. The man loves to cook, what can I say? Then it was off to church but not before he helped me get the kids ready. Then for whatever reason, Royal decided he wanted to be a hyper hypo during sacrament and after I took him out, Russell decided he would..(no break from the kids...woops!) I did however have a yummy dinner planned even though he forgot to put in a request for Sunday dinner. Did I mention he made the salsa? and it was delicious? For dessert I made a moist chocolate, peanut butter cake and totally forgot who my husband was. You see, if I would have remembered, there would have been nuts on top of the cake. He is definitely his Father's son. I'm so thankful he loves me anyway.
a replacement knife for the one he got confiscated at the air port.
a new pair of shades to replace the ones he broke.
I don't think we could have imagined this life together when we first got married. He has become my second, better, other half and more importantly my best friend. He loves me even thru watching 4 babies being delivered, in the morning when I don't look my best, in the middle of the night when I accidentally kick him or take all the covers, when I'm yelling at the kids, when I'm crying about who knows what, when I make him take me to a chick flick that I know he absolutely abhors, when I want to go out for sushi almost every week, when I complain, and when I'm just plain me. He is patient, loving, kind, funny, considerate, insightful, smart, hard working, has a strong testimony of Jesus Christ and blesses our lives immensely. I love you so much Russell and don't want to imagine my life without you!
3 comments:
Amber that is so sweet! Like your that hard to love....hello. NOT!
I'm glad to see that Lucas is still sporting those jeans! So cute!
nice use of 'abhor'
Hey amber just wanted to give you my blog address. Love your's. 5dunnfamily.blogspot.com
Post a Comment