Tuesday, December 8, 2009

It's Beginning to Look a lot like Christmas!

Holy cow! To all my warm weathered friends out there...I'm officially snow broken. Not really, I haven't even attempted to drive in the snow thanks to Russell who is our official chauffeur for the week until the snow melts. We had some light snow on Sunday and thought "oh how nice." Not having any idea that we would get almost a foot! I know that doesn't sound like a lot but trust me, it's enough to keep me inside my house unless there's an emergency. Maggie had a "snow day" on Monday so that was fun to keep her home and her and Lucas had a blast playing in the fresh powder.

This was only the beginning


blurry. woops. you can still see the grass....for now

This was later that night, ya.


Our front balcony. I love the trees covered in snow.




The backyard




my sick little girl. She has had bad diarrhea for 3 days now. I've tried the BRAT diet (bananas, rice, applesauce, toast) and anything else she'll eat and it hasn't helped much. I'm glad she's not throwing up though.


Lucas' reaction to seeing all the new snow Monday morning.

It snowed all night


He's so cute. Getting the porch all cleaned off to bring in some firewood. Thanks to our little fireplace, it has totally kept our house nice and toasty!


Maggie looking at the snow









After we came back from Walmart (in the snow) all of our neighbors were out snowblowing everyones driveways and the street. They are so awesome. Russell got in on the action but I didn't get a pic.


Maggie was so proud of her snow angel


Lucas attempted to make one too.


Today we woke up to a bright sunny day with a high of 24 degrees. Hooray. At least the sunshine will help warm up the house but with it being so cold there's no chance this snow is melting anytime soon. This is the view from our front porch


Lucas had so much fun playing with the sled, poor guy. It's hard to walk in snow when it comes up to your knees!




He made it up to the top again but couldn't turn himself around in time so he went down backwards!


You can barely see his blue jacket, he escaped out to the front yard to check things out...don't worry mom, I was watching him the whole time.


Did I mention it's supposed to snow Wed-Sunday this week?






















11 comments:

Miller Family said...

WOW! I can't believe how much snow that is - it looks beautiful. I bet that is just so much fun to look out your window and see that and actually have a white Christmas...then again I am an Arizona girl so I might not have much experience with snow to base my statement and opinion!! Love the pictures :)

Glamma said...

I love those pictures! It is a winter wonderland, and I wish I could be there to play in the snow with the kids, and teach them how to sled down the hill on a piece of cardboard... the best!
Dont' worry, Lucas can't get far in that snow, he could try but he would never make it out of the driveway..:)

The Tyler's said...

Oh. My. Gosh! I would die! I would not even know what to do in that kind of weather.
They keep saying it may snow here this year...we'll see. It will be nothing like what you are getting. I'm sure my kids will love it.

Anonymous said...

Holy smokes! It is beautiful to look at through your pics, but i will keep the sunshine! I can't believe you are preggers again! CONGRATULATIONS! Looks like you all are having a nice time adjusting! take care!

Flaherty Fam said...

Looks like fun, but sorry to say I don't envy you. I hate snow, cold or anything else to do with winter, except for Christmas. I hope you guys stay nice and warm up there.

bettina said...

wow! look at all of that snow! looks like the kids love it!! congrats of baby #4!!

the cummard family said...

this will too be us, in the near, near future :) "i think i can, i think i can"

SouthernAZ WOLFINGTON said...

that looks like fun!

Shannon said...

That looks gorgeous! Snow is so beautiful but for an Arizona gal...it is freezing!!! I bet the kids are loving it though! How fun...I will send some cozy and warm thoughts to you guys!

Anonymous said...

WOW! Looks awesome but... I wouldn't want to drive in it either! Have fun learning to drive in that!
Congrats on the baby! Very exciting! Let us know when you find out the gender! How fun!

SouthernAZ WOLFINGTON said...

Awesome pics! Your kids look so happy. Congrats on baby BOY! Eli talks about his friend Lucas time to time. "member Lucas?" I'm sad we missed eachother over Christmas. We split Christmas night and headed back home.