Saturday, September 12, 2009

First Day of School!

Maggie finally started Kindergarten this week and she was soooo excited and ready. I say "finally" not because I was ready to get her off to school (which I was a little) but because she had been waiting to start for 4 weeks since we came up here to Reno. Maggie is in the afternoon class, not by choice, and she loves every minute of it. After riding the bus home on the first day she told me that it was boring and it made her back hot. lol! she's a crack up, then after taking an hour for the bus to drop her off I figured I would pick her up from school since we only live a mile and a half from the school.


corn dogs were the lunch of choice for the first day of school

She is so funny about outfits, she doesn't really care what she wears but she loves certain things like the black shirt from Summer and her Hannah Montana shoes from Grandma. I guess I haven't told her that brown shoes don't really go with a black shirt.....but really, what do I care?


I think I was more excited as we were waiting for the bus to come, we got down to the corner 20 min early just in case it came early!



She went right in and started chattin away, so like Maggie.










All in all it was a great first day of school!





4 comments:

Ashley (Belnap) Whiting said...

How fun! They dont have all day kindergarten in Reno? Amber, we miss you guys like crazy! The still ask to go play with your kids and Emma still asks like every Sunday where you guys are :) I cant wait til you come visit! We need to plan a date night ahead of time. I'm thinking we should make a trip up there sometime too and you and I can leave the kids with the guys and head over to San Fran for a couple of days, I think sounds fabulous...You guys look you are having so much fun!

Ball Family said...

Maggie looks so grown up. What an exciting time!

Glamma said...

Maggie I am so proud of you! I love your first day of school outfit, you look so grown up!

I know just how you feel about the bus, those seats do make your back hot. I am glad Mommie is picking you up now!

Love you!

The Kennedy Family said...

oh this is emma kennedy i didnt know she already started kindergarten and gets to ride a bus [i dont even get to ride a bus only on fieldtrips ].hope and tell maggie to have a fun year.