Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Where did the time go?

Our not so little Violet is 4 and a half months now. Where does the time go? I see all these new little babies and I ask myself "wasn't that just me having a new little Violet like yesturday?" I love watching her grow and do new things but I loved having a newborn again. I took her to her 4 month well check and she is a whoppin 16lbs which puts her in the 95th percentile, also 95th for her length and 25th for her head size, our first kid that doesn't have a huge noggin. She is still eating every 3 hours like a good little dooby and she picked up another middle of the night feeding which wasn't the case if you read my other blog entry at her 2 month mark. She must be growing(obviously). She is such a joy and a sweet baby. Maggie loves her so much and wants to be around her all the time. As soon as Violet catches a glance in Maggie's direction she is all smiles. She is in her crib now....well for half of the night and somehow ends up in bed with mom and dad for the rest of the night. No rice cereal yet which is fine by me, it's so messy. Last week she decided it was time to start rolling over and Russell and I were actually sitting there so we got to witness that and it was great.

This Ariel doll is her new favorite friend, as you can see by the tight clutch she has on it. Maggie loves sharing it with her and thinks it's so cool that she holds onto it.


She loves the exersaucer even though the only time she touches the toys is accidently, she figured out how to rock herself in it and she goes to town.

We love our little Violet, such a sweet addition to the family.

7 comments:

Flaherty Fam said...

The time really does fly. I can't believe Violet is already 4.5 months. Your disneyland trip looked like lots of fun too. I can't wait until my kids are a little bit older and can take them.

summer k said...

Crazy how fast time goes by, especially the more kids you have. She is darling,she's going to be a tall one!

Smith Crew said...

Hey-- it's been a while. We've been... a little out of the loop. She is beautiful Amber. And I hear you on where does the time go. I feel the same about Miss Ivy!!

Katie Peterson said...

She is SO BIG!! Can you believe our babies aren't new borns any more...seriously, why does it go by so fast?? I love that she sits in her excersaucer, what a doll she is!!

chris+amber said...

Violet is so pretty. She & Tagg are both in the chub club.

Denyse said...

She is adorable Amber!! I can't believe how much all of your kids look alike to me, they all have a similar look, it's so cute!

jklaproth said...

Hey Amber! first of all, Violet has the most adorable chubby cheeks ever! and that first picture of Maggy at Disneyland is hilarious! She's just not quite sure if she's supposed to like it or not! way cute. looks like fun! but yes, I definately do custom orders. That's probably what I do most! So yea, if you want you can email me:

theshabbyspot@yahoo.com

and just let me know what you're thinking of and I'll get you a quote. I can do any color board, distressed look,or no distress, pretty much any style you are looking to create. any font choice..etc.

let me know! thanks!