A lot of people hate Valentine's Day for whatever reason but I love it. I love the cliche gifts and sayings and now that I have kids it makes it so much more fun. I think we'll call it Love Day and make it a special day when we can tell the people we love how much we appreciate them. Being out of state has it's perks for the kids, they love getting packages or letters in the mail especially when they are from their Grandmas.
Valentine's from Grandma and Grandpa Kennedy came on Valentine's Day and they were so thrilled to each have their own...plus $5.00! They hit the jackpot!
Valentine from me to my sweets, a date night to see Social Distortion. It was actually a really fun concert.
chocolates for the lady, I'm a simple girl (I love Violet in the background, she got a gumball machine from her Valentine...Dad)
these pictures are out of order...
we surprised the kids with Valentine's from us before we ate dinner, it was so cute to see how excited they were. they just couldn't believe we gave them Valentine's
Sorry about the blur, wrong camera setting. Valentine's dinner courtesy of Papa Murphy's. It was actually really good! This was the first Valentine's Day dinner Russell and I had when we were first married.
I can't let any Holiday go by without making sugar cookies. They are Maggie's favorite and so quick to whip up!
Lucas didn't want to eat his dinner so he didn't get to have a cookie, Russell thought it'd be funny to get a picture of his fit. Am I a mean mom? Don't worry he got to eat one the next day.
When I see this picture it makes me laugh, Russell looks so embarrassed to be a: taking a picture like this or b: he's bummed that we're sharing a cookie....or c: maybe both?
This is the bracelet Violet got from Grandma and Grandpa Buckmister in the Valentine's Day package.
another picture out of sequence...what did I do wrong?
The kids were so excited to rip open that package as soon as Maggie got home from school. It was full of all sorts of goodies. With Love Day being on a Monday it was really fun to celebrate the whole weekend. Our kids had so much fun with school parties and gifts from Grandparents and Mom and Dad. It was a really good year for Love.




















5 comments:
I'm so glad you took a picture or two of the kids opening the box I sent them, since I can't see their faces I can only imagine until you post them here! I love Violet's face in every pic, she is hilarious! It looks like they know they are very much loved! I can't wait to see you all, seven days and counting!
I LOVE Valentine's day too for all the same reasons. We also stretched it out over the weekend. Well the kids and I did. The day before Vday Steven says, "so am I like suppose to get you a card or flowers and stuff?" Such a thoughtful romantic eh?
Love your fun "Love" day. Your kids are getting so big. I love that you make Russell take pics with you. Oh and yes, I definitely want to hang when you come to visit again...love getting together with all the girls.
I LOVE your long hair! you look great! your family is adorable and nope you're not a mean mom, we do the same thing. One day it will sink in... :)
You are such a fun mom. Holidays are so much better with kids, huh? Love their excitement over everything. Amber, you look so beautiful! I love your long, luscious hair. Hot mama!
Post a Comment