Monday, August 30, 2010

Maggie's Birthday!

It's hard to believe Maggie is 6 yrs old already! This year she was lucky to celebrate with the family in Reno and then have a fun birthday at Bounce U in Arizona with her friends...(to which I do not have any pictures, duh me). Needless to say this girl had a pretty fun birthday.  I asked what her request would be for each meal: breakfast was toast and eggs, I kept asking her if she was sure she didn't want donuts and no she didn't.  Lunch was a restaurant called Joe's, a 50's diner and for dinner I told her I would make her favorite dish...she picked Del Taco? Ya. I guess she doesn't care much for my cooking.
After she ate her breakfast she got to open one present from mom and dad and the package that Grandma Buckmister sent her.
A new birthday outfit for the day...
and lots of goodies from Grandma!
It was so nice to leave Violet and Royal with a babysitter so Russell and I could take Maggs and Lucas to lunch at Joe's
She had to try a strawberry milkshake and it was delicious!
After lunch, Russell went back to work and I took the kids to see Despicable Me. Loved it. I think Santa may bring it for Christmas this year.
What's a summer birthday without a slip n' slide? Each time I get it out, they will play on it for at least 2 hours minimum.
After dinner, Del Taco remember? She opened the rest of her presents and we enjoyed cupcakes! Rainbow chip to be exact.
Of course no birthday is complete without a special birthday card from Grandma and Grandpa Kennedy! I think she bought a mermaid barbie with her birthday money.

We are so blessed to have Maggie in our family. She is such a wonderful older sister and is so caring to all her siblings. Maggie is very obedient and full of life. Her favorite thing to do is art, give her a glue stick and some paper and set her free! My walls are often adorned with all her creations and I love it. She can't decide what she wants to be when she grows up but here are a few ideas as of now: an artist, a doctor, a dentist, a dancer...jazz dancer to be exact and a scientist. Maggie is such a smart girl and she loves school and church. We are so amazed by her everyday and love her to pieces!

1 comment:

Glamma said...

It was so great to be there, and I can't believe I'm back home and missing all of you so much. You are such a great Mom, and your kids show it because the love each other so much in spite of Violet's chagrin with Lucas half the time...they are a reflection of great parenting. And lot's of love!