Sunday, February 15, 2009

Happy Valentines Day!

Well, another Valentines Day come and gone. It was a nice relaxing day of me sitting at home watching one lifetime movie after another....they were all cheesy love movies afterall, who wouldn't want to watch them? Russell kept himself busy with errands and other things like going to the gym, mowing the lawns, and riding his horse. We decided not to get eachother anything this year so we can save some money but aren't we so lucky and excited to have an extra $13.00 a week thanks to our pres.?(are you picking up my sarcasm?) But what a better present than to not have to clean or do anything but lounge around for a day...it was nice. My sister, mom and I had decided to have a fondue dinner for our significant others instead of trying to go out and waste a lot of money and time at a crowded restaurant. It was delicious. We had our own little melting pot and a game of "Newlyweds" to boot. It made for a great night with no kids, good food, and a lot of laughs!



Charlon and Scott, 16 yrs of marriage and their 18th Valentines Day together

Some of the yummy appetizers

Russell and I, 6yrs of marriage and our 7th Valentines Day together

Mom and Dad, 38 years of marriage and their 39th Valentines Day together
Hope everyone had someone special to love on Valentines Day!



4 comments:

Cam and Mele said...

Happy late Valentines!! What a great idea to celebrate and save!! Plus it turned out way cuter than any restaurant would have done!

Flaherty Fam said...

What a fun Valentine's celebration...cheap and fun...I like it!

Sami said...

Hi Amber! You don't remember me I am sure, but I used to work with your big sis Charlon at Valley Bank. I met you a few times when you came in with your Mom. I can't believe you are old enough to be married and have a family. (Geez I am old). Anyway, I hope you don't mind me peeking in. I was actually trying to visit Charlon's blog, and found yours instead. Your Mom, Charlon, and you look awesome! Tell Charlon Hi for me. Thanks so much. Sam

The Hills said...

sounds like a fun creative night. you will have to teach me how to make fondue. i have actually never had it :)