Thursday, May 13, 2010

Happy Birthday To Violet!!!!

Our little Violet girl turned 2 today! I can't believe our not so little "baby girl" is already a full on toddler. She was such a good, sweet baby and has definitely turned into a pistol but we of course love her to pieces. I remember a few months ago thinking about how much she would change and learn to talk more by the time she had her 2nd birthday and it has been so fun to watch those changes. Just in time for baby brother! Her 2 favorite words are "no" and "okay". I wish she would say "okay" more than the other, especially when I ask her to "come here" or "can you go put that in the garbage for mommy?". Oh well, it comes with age I guess. Violet is by leaps and bounds a daddy's girl and runs to the stairs screaming his name everyday when he comes through the door. This baby will be fine as long as she doesn't see Russell holding him. Her new favorite breakfast is cereal and she asks for it every morning. Although Violet is 2 and should wear a 2T, we find that a 4T fits just right with a little bit of growing room. The girl LOVES to eat. Last night after she finished off her dinner she moved onto Maggie's and then Lucas'. She doesn't mess around. She loves to talk to Grandma on the phone and thinks gum is the greatest thing ever. No potty training yet although if we can "catch her in the act" of #2, she will go on the toilet which is fabulous. Violet is such a loved little girl, maybe to the point of being spoiled but we can't help it. She has been such a blessing to our family and I couldn't imagine our life without her. We love you Violet girl!

I asked her this morning if she wanted pancakes, waffles, french toast....she wanted cereal and couldn't have been happier, eating 2 bowls!

After a nice clean bath(like it would be anything else? duh.) and getting all lotioned up, hair brushed, she got to open a present.


It was her new birthday outfit! She was thrilled and looked so cute, this was the only picture I could get with her wearing the birthday hat.

We went to McDonald's for lunch and playtime and the kids had sooo much fun. It was a real treat since we only venture there maybe twice a year.



After nap time and Dad coming home from work, we grilled up some hot dogs and had beans, chips and fresh watermelon for dinner. Violet insisted on only eating Cheetos...she's the birthday girl so that was that.

Lucas has been into "silly faces" for the last couple of days. that's my boy.

After dinner the kids had a blast trying to hit the pinata. Violet liked it at first and then didn't want anything to do with it after a few swings.




With help from dad the kids had their fill of too much candy, seriously.. there was enough in there for like 10 kids. that's me for ya.

It was so funny trying to get Violet to play "pin the pumpkin". She wanted nothing to do with the blindfold and could have cared less about trying to put the sticker in the right place.




Happy Birthday to Violet!

Her attempt at blowing out the candles was so cute..not even close to having any breath go farther than her own lips so she had Lucas help.

We had her car all put together and wheeled it out into the living room, she jumped of the couch and was climbing into it before I could even get a picture of her face! She LOVES these cars and will play in them for a good 30 minutes uninterrupted. Score.


I think Violet had a pretty good birthday. She wasn't as fiesty as she usually is and we had a lot of fun celebrating her birthday with her! I am so glad this baby didn't come today, that would be too sad to have kids sharing a birthday.

3 comments:

Glamma said...

Sooo cute Amber! It looks like our little missie had a great birthday and was very co-operative with you all day.. whew! I can't wait to get up there and give her a big birthday hug!

Flaherty Fam said...

Wow, is she really two already? I can't believe it! And I can't believe you are about to have your fourth...unbelievable!

the cummard family said...

miss you! i really enjoy when you and jill update your blogs. like i said on hers. i feel like sometimes i could just copy and past some of the things and put them on ours. being away from family is hard, but we've totally grown as a family. holiday's and special events are more intimate with just our own little family. it's not less fun, just different. i can't wait to see that cute baby in your tum...and if you make a trip this summer to az...maybe we'll get together. i'm not sure when we'll go, or for how long...but call me!