Tuesday, May 11, 2010

catching up a bit..

BEWARE!! These following pictures were taken at 7:30am....I am not one of those girls who looks fabulous when she rolls out of bed. Don't judge me.

Mother's Day this year was absolutely perfect this year. Russell let me sleep in as long as my aching hips would let me and he got up with the kids and made me one of my favorite breakfasts, crepes with strawberries and cool whip. He had a present for me all wrapped with a card too. I thought the pedicure was my present so I was pleasantly surprised to wake up to another one!

I come from a family that does cards for almost every occasion so I loved it of course.

I have been talking about how the Pioneer Woman cooks almost everything in her ceramic coated cast iron pot and I really wanted one someday. He obviously picked up on it and found one at a great price. I was so thrilled. Even better was that he cooked a roast for dinner in it after church and is was so delicious!

I love my kids so much and feel so blessed every time I take a second to look at them and realize how special each one is. Russell and I have been so blessed. Church was a breeze, they gave us chocolate and roses and I got to take a nap and relax all day while Russell and the kids cleaned the house and took care of the meals. Mother's Day is always such a treat but it's almost hard to just sit back and watch your hubby take care of everything. Russell is so good to me everyday, helping me with dinner and getting the kids off to bed. I am so lucky to have him as my "roommate", friend, husband and eternal companion. I'm looking forward to planning Father's Day so I can return the favor and spoil him!


One of the things I really, really wanted and needed desperately for Mother's Day was a pedicure. I thought it would be so fun to have Maggie come with me. She about died and went to Heaven! She got a kick out of the hands with the nails on display so we had to take a picture.


She waited so patiently for our turn to come up.. it was a busy day to say the least, and she had been up since 5 am to go fishing with Dad and Lucas.

She said the bubbly water was her favorite.

I went with a nice bright pink for Spring and she wanted sparkly purple. Her technician gave her the cutest Hawaiian flowers on her toes and totally made her day! It was such a fun mother/daughter activity!



As of late, this is what the belly looks like, no picture of the face, it was looking a little chubby that day (and probably does everyday but what can you do?)


My beautiful blossoms on one of our apple trees. "Popcorn Popping" has a whole new meaning!

Maggie's kindergarten class had a "Mothers Day Tea Party" on Friday and it was the cutest thing ever. The kids had the tables all decorated and signs all over the walls with messages to their moms. They lead us in by the hand to our table and then served us tea and yummy goodies.


They also made us cards that told us why we are special. Maggie told me I was special because I loved her and she loves me too! So sweet. She drew "sea shells" and a pot of tea on the front.

This picture is a little hideous for two reasons. 1, my face is a little fuller than I realize and 2, you can totally see my missing tooth! I'm so used to it not being there that I forget to not smile so big....implant coming in July hopefully! Maggie made the vase and flowers I'm holding which now adorns my kitchen window seal and I love it!


I love when all my kids are in our big bed together. Something about it is so cozy and happy. They're all laughing and snuggling under the covers and it's one of those moments you have to capture at least once.






Why you shouldn't swing hoses around the yard when they have metal attatchments on the end
you might hit your little brother in the eye causing a small "split" to happen.

thankfully it didn't hit his actual eyeball and he was pretty happy once he had his eye pack.



I totally spaced with Easter being on Conf. Sunday and didn't realize that the Sunday before Easter would have been the prime time for the kids to wear their new Easter clothes so we made sure they had them on the Sunday after Conference. This was the result.
Mine is definitely not a new dress but I had to document the belly, very large, very round.


lovin' the ruffles

I could have died when I saw him all dressed up, I thought he looked so handsome. Dad thought he looked like a lawyer from the south.



At random...
Violet thought she would look so pretty with a little mascara while mom was out....dad had no idea that she snuck into our bathroom to get all glitzy. nice.

This picture is for Grandma Buckmister...the "dress" you bought her is now a shirt. Tina it a little large for her supposed size which would normally be 2T but is in reality a 4T? That's right, we grow em' big round here!





A few weeks ago we finally took the kids with us on our date night and we went bowling! They had been asking for a long time and it turned out really fun. I wasn't much even though I have been carrying my own bowling ball around for awhile now...didn't think it would be so effective if I tore a ligament or something. We had pizza while we bowled and Violet had a blast running around to other people's lanes and up and down the stairs a thousand times...all in all is was a great family date!



little devilish grin....


she was surprised at how well she was doing!

Russell only beat her by 10 points, not to shabby for a first time bowler.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

You're family is so adorable! I miss you so much. I was in Arizona last week and thought of all our fun times. I'm glad I can keep up with what's going on with your family. Congrats on baby number 4. I can't wait to see pictures! You look gorgeous though.

Glamma said...

I am still laughing out loud at the antics of these three little bugs! I loved seeing those pictures Amber thanks for posting them and making my night...Poor Lucas with his eye injury, he is so cute with his boo boos. And his suit! Oh my gosh a lawyer from the south, for sure! And Maggie bowling a 104??? Are you kidding me? I don't think I have ever bowled that good. We have to go when I come up there! Violet's boogers a la mascara is a classic. Love it!