Sunday, April 18, 2010

Spring Trip to AZ

Spring Break up here in Reno town is a month after AZ seeing how it's not really spring here in March. We decided to surprise the family by showing up for Easter and it was so much fun! We didn't even tell the kids. I told them we had a surprise coming Friday and they were so excited to find out what it was. We woke them up at 4:30am to head out. Being 33 weeks prego I was a little hesitant for the long drive but I made sure I had tons of pillows to keep me comfy.

They were so excited when we told them we'd be in Az for the Kennedy Easter egg hunt!




It was a LOOOONG drive and the kids did great. We had to make a few extra stops for bathroom breaks and for fear of my hips cramping themselves into paralyzation(not sure if i spelled that right) but we finally made it!

Our days were filled with warm AZ sun which I totally miss and.....

baths in Grandma Buckmisters sink....

zoo trip with Cole, Grandma and Charlon.....





mapping the way at the zoo while on the train......


seeing the sleeping lions...(like they're ever awake)

reaching out to new friends..




learning that goats like to eat bark?....


having stare downs with goats...

playing with cousins....

kissing cousins....

watching cartoons in Grandmas room...

sometimes even on her bed....

making sure Dad didn't need help with the truck.....

and finally enjoying a nice 2-day drive home. We brought our beloved trailer back with us and there was no way we wanted to be in the truck for 16 hrs so we stayed over night in Vegas and finished the next day. We loved being able to see all of our family and enjoyed the Easter holiday with everyone! Can't wait for 4th of July. New baby, swimming, fireworks and not being pregnant! Yahoo!
violet's first encounter with pop-rocks...she was in Heaven!
came accross a few of these along the way...too sad.
obviously pop rocks were enjoyed by all!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a fun surprise! It was good to see you! Hope the last few weeks of your pregnancy fly! :)

the cummard family said...

WHAT! No phone call! we were there at the same time and we didn't get to see each other! you're busted!

Flaherty Fam said...

I am bummed we didn't get to see ya, but totally understand. Looks like you had some exciting times on your drive, but I really don't envy you:) Can't wait to see a post about your new baby who is due next month.

Glamma said...

I can't believe how much Lucas and Cole look alike in that one photo! they could be brothers from a different Mother! haha

SouthernAZ WOLFINGTON said...

What! You were in Vegas and didn't stay with us? I thought we were friends.
Sounds like a fun trip. You guys are awesome for tackling that drive. Miss you!
Liz

SouthernAZ WOLFINGTON said...

hooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooold the phone. Liz told me a really funny joke this morning. "Russell and Amber came through Vegas a few weeks ago". "Ha ha" I said in reply. I was planning on writting it down in my journal later tonight "Liz had a very funny joke today". I decided to log on to the WWW and make certain this crazy story of Liz's was just that.

What
the
HECK!

- Steve