
He got his birthday package from Grandma Buckmister in the mail and it was the highlight of the day, I should have made him wait to open it until his actual birthday since mom and dad only had 1 thing for him to actually unwrap. (note to self: a 4 yr old doesn't quite get the concept of "big" presents that you may or may not unwrap)




This was the exact motorcycle he wanted...Thanks Grandma!

Lovin his birthday loot.

This is the 3rd year in a row that he has chosen to go to Chucky Cheese for his "party". He was wondering when his friends were going to come and I had to break it to him gently that this year we were just celebrating with family...he didn't seem to concerned.
I asked Violet to say cheese and this is what we got: attempt #1

attempt #2

and finally #3.



favorite ride of the night.



giddy up!



I LOVE my 2 boys!

One of Lucas' other presents was tickets to the Arena Cross, which was dirt bike racing. It was soo fun and he was thrilled to be going out with Russell and I while Violet stayed home with the babysitter.

One of Russell's employees was there also and they had a present waiting for Lucas when we got there. I thought that was so thoughtful and he loved it of course!

Some of the winners...

about the blur....uh, don't quite know what setting to use when objects are flying in the air


So on his big day I asked what breakfast he wanted and he picked bacon. Surprised? He can eat at least half a pack by himself, but don't worry we don't let him. Heart attack at the age of 5? I don't think so.


He ran right up to me to say thanks for the decorations right when he woke up. About the pink hat. It's all I had. Lucas: " mom, this hat is...kind of...pink." me: " I know buddy just wear it for the picture." He obliged.

Finally time to open his "only" present from Mom and Dad.


We told him if he voted for Pedro, all his wildest dreams would come true.

I think they did.



After a long day of church, a Sunday drive and dinner, it was finally time for cake and ice cream. I know his cake is awfully girly but he wanted a strawberry cake so that's what he got. And it was good.


It was hard to not be around family for one of our kids birthdays but all in all we had a pretty fun birthday weekend and Lucas was very much satisfied! We love you Lucas!
Thank you to both Grandparents for the birthday presents, cards and love. I know it made Lucas feel special.
Thanks to Willy and his family for the motorcycle, he absolutely loves it!


5 comments:
Awwww!!! Thank you for posting those pics Amber, it was great to see the play by play when he opened our present ... he liked it, he really really liked it! I can't believe how much Violet has changed, she looks so much older in just two months! I can't wait to see you guys so hurry Friday! Love you!
Sad we missed his b-day but looks like he had a fun day! We have something for him! See you soon!!!
amber i feel like we are living the same life! we've been to chucky cheese 3x since we've lived away from family. i think before here we had been 3x total in az. ok, so ppp was a weekly. haha. i didn't realize how close cons and lucas were in age. he turns 5 in may. and i can't even think of celebrating his and tills b-days without cousins. makes me sad. we need to plan our az trips together sometime. you go soon don't you? we don't go till the 25th :(
Pink hat...Pink cake...Amber you're scarring the kid at 5!
jk
That little man sure is happy! And if Cam were typing, he'd say..."eat all the bacon you want, I'm 29 and still alive!" That's why he's not typing;)
So good to see you Sunday! I miss you!
Wow your kids are growing!! I love it! I don't know if you'll get this but thought I would say Happy Birthday! Hope you have a great day!
Post a Comment