Wednesday, November 12, 2008

There's Nothing Better Than...

There's nothing better than the smell of a freshly cleaned baby or child
or a warm bed that you don't want to get out of in the morning and can't wait to get in at night,
the smell of a warm load of clean laundry with your favorite fabric softener,
tasting a hot chocolate chip cookie,
watching a good chic flick all by yourself so you don't feel embarrased when you cry your eyes out.
There's nothing better than your kids smile or laugh,
the way your husband or significant other kisses you,
how it feels when you come home after a vacation or a long day,
the smell of your babies breath,
or the feeling of accomplishment after a good workout,
helping someone else by giving service.
There's nothing better than a hot shower, even on a summer day,
getting your hair done,
a good meal that you don't have to cook,
a date night with your hubby,
or a girls night out that makes you laugh until almost peeing your pants.
There's nothing better than holding your newborn all day, even when they are sleeping, just because,
or bedtime for your kids when you're just ready for some quiet time,
a clean car inside and out,
a new outfit that fits like a glove and makes you feel like you can do anything,
payday.
There's nothing better than Spring and Fall weather in Arizona,
taking morning walk in brisk, cool weather,
watching your little ones learn things you didn't know they could do,
reading a good book,
knowing you have great friends and family you can lean on anytime for anything,
having a strong testimony about the gospel of Jesus Christ and everything that comes with it,
going to the dentist to find out you or your child doesn't have any cavities,
or feeling like a kid again when you walk through the gates at Disneyland.
There's nothing better than knowing I could write this post all day just to be reminded of all the blessings and good things there are in life. We have to take the time to slow down and recognize what we have and what we are grateful for. Happy November!

11 comments:

Lisa Truman said...

I agree with every itty bitty piece of what you just wrote! It was refreshing to hear you say all of those things cause those are the exact things that make me feel good. I believe it's the little things in life that complete us and make us happy. Thanks for sharing. :)

Flaherty Fam said...

I totally agree. I feel the same way. We have so much to be thankful for and we need to take the time to remember them.

Ball Family said...

Ditto to all of that. Makes me all warm and fuzzy just thinking about all of those things. Thanks for the reminder!

Melody B. said...

Amen to that sista!:P Love the little letters that Maggie brought for the class a couple of days ago, so cute!:)

The Hills said...

thanks amber... i needed that! :)

Lizzy and Porter said...

You are so great. I love this post. I was waiting at the end to see who tagged you with it, but no.. it's just sweet, positive Amber. I agree with all you wrote and I would add "and an ice cold Dr. Pepper". :) Hope you're having a great November!

Jeff & Jacki Sharp said...

Amber, I loved your post. Thank YOU! Happy Thanksgiving :)

Lisa Truman said...

Hey Amber I'm making my blog private soon so leave me your email address. cltruman@cox.net :)

Katie Peterson said...

Okay girl...we need a new post...with some pics! lol Miss you girl!

Cam and Mele said...

You pretty much summed it up, and beautifully!! I'd like to add to your thankful list, and say that I'm thankful for the wonderful advice and conversations we've shared while you do my hair, and when we're cleaning up the pile (that could make a wig), and contiuing on into your kitchen!
Thanks for the congrats to Cam!!

Heather said...

I love them all. Especially the babies breath one. :) Love & miss ya!